Insecure (Kevin Richardson)

Your Pov
I was standing in the mirror, trying on clothes for a date tonight. Kevin told me to get dressed and that he would be here in about 30 minutes. 5 outfits later and I still couldn't find what to wear so I decided to try on a new dress that I bought. A burnt orange fitted dress that reached my ankles. It had a cut on one side, going up my calf, stopping at my knee. Although I liked the dress, I just didn't think it was for me.

I started to get frustrated. I placed my hands on my hips, staring at myself in the mirror with a sad look on my face. I looked at my arms and my stomach. My arms were big and my stomach poked out. I sighed and started to take the dress off to change again when I heard the door bell. I knew it was Kevin.

I walked out of my room and to the door, opening it to reveal Kevin in a nice outfit, hair gelled, and flowers in his hands. He smiled. I smiled back.

"Hey baby" he said. He leaned in for a kiss and wrapped one of his arms around my waist. I, of course, kissed him back and let him inside my apartment.

"You can sit right there on the couch. I'm just gonna go change and be right back. It'll only take a minute" I said. I turned around to go back to my room when Kevin said,

"Why are you changing? You look nice" I turned around to face him.

"I don't like how the dress looks on me. I'll be right back" I said pointing to my dress, getting ready to turn around again. Kevin's face turned to confusion. He set the flowers down on the coffee table in front of the couch and got up from his seat. He walked over to me.

"Honey, you look beautiful. Don't worry about changing" Kevin said placing his hands on my waist. I looked down at my dress,

"I don't like how it looks Kevin. It shows too much of my stomach and it has no sleeves." I said.

"But I like how it looks on you. There's nothing wrong with your arms or your stomach. You're beautiful. I love your skin. I love your curves. I love your lips. I love your smile. I love your eyes. I love you." Kevin says. He wraps his arms around my waist. He pulls me close and gives me a sweet kiss. The kiss seemed like it went on forever. There were fireworks, butterflies, and pure love in that kiss.

We pull away from each other with huge smiles on our faces.

"Thank you. I love you so much" I grab his face and kiss him once more. Kevin turns me around to face the mirror, keeping his arms around my waist. He sits his chin on my shoulder and we sit a look at each other through the mirror. No words, just comfortable silence. Nothing but love in the air. Kevin kisses my neck softly and says,

"You ready to go?" I nod my head and he unwraps his arms from around me. I throw on my heels, grab my purse and we walk out of my apartment hand in hand.