a/n

Welcome to arkoverse book seven. Yes, you read that right. And yes, I am sorry.

Fiction in the academic context is something I've written for a long time. I was nine when I finished Harry Potter and wanted to take a little spin on the whole magic school setting because Hogwarts just seemed like such a cool place. As I got older, though, I fostered many a frustrated qualm with the HP books (like how were the muggle-born kids supposed to just disappear for months without contacting their friends at home? What happens now that people are probably looking for them all over the internet? How are kids in Rowling's Wizarding World just so out of touch with the muggle world, for real? Like, where are the "real" world applications? And why are there so many wHITE PEOPLE?)

I don't mean to be rude! While I still am in awe of Rowling's world building and consistency, I'm sure those of you who have such lovely memories within the Potterverse were just as heartbroken as I by the author's comments in recent months. But while definitely somewhat inspired by her work, this book is going to be all about the school that built some of my favorite arkoverse characters.

This will not be for the faint of heart. And because I'm a much more mature writer now, and an ate, first and foremost, I'm going to seize this opportunity to delve into a handful of realer topics in an effort to collect everything I learned (and am still learning) in that odd transition between adolescence and adulthood. This book is intended for more mature audiences. I don't plan on making anything graphic, and will place trigger warnings if and when appropriate, but I wanted to let you know right off the bat that this is not like anything I've written before. Most of the arkoverse is funny and light. And while this will certainly have its comedic moments, I feel I must warn you that the kids I'm about to introduce to you live in an entirely unrealistic world. They each have so much raw power and potential, and are all growing in an environment specifically designed to help them exploit their privileges.

That being said, if this is your first time reading anything from the arkoverse, I want to pause right here and let you know that you may want to read at least some of the other books/stories first just to get a grasp at how things work here. If you're just here for the dark academia fantasy, though, feel free to proceed! And if this isn't your first rodeo, welcome back and I love you for sticking around <3

While Arko will definitely be making appearances in this book, the nerd we love to shade unfortunately grew up in a little farm island and never went to school with these MagiCourt pretentious types. Of course, they're probably family friends, but this book is really more about his squad and what they typically did without him. So what you'll be reading can essentially be seen from his perspective because he hears all these stories and memorizes all the chika, it's just he wasn't really around to experience it firsthand. Be nice when he comes around though. He usually stays in his own lane and I know it's fun to bully him in his own book but he's a visitor here. He's a guest. Be kind. Let him make himself at home. Kawawa naman, may FOMO.

I guess I'm just really trying to say welcome to 🌟 Beau Apologist Land™️ 🌟. Maybe you rolled your eyes. Maybe you've just read the Blue Tiger and the idea of Beau Apologism™️ physically hurts you. But don't lie to me, I've seen you simping for crumbs. Now, here is the whole bread loaf. Welcome to the loaf.

Pinoys have spent lifetimes searching for what's been stolen from us. I hope imagining a magical, fantastical world where we'd all fit can ease the sting and help us move forward, however little.

With love,
Kakie