my fine friend, take me with you and love me forever

Years, he's waited for this moment. Ever since that day he spoke—or rather, typed—those words of "I think I love you". Years of keeping a romance confined to the limited mediums of text messages and video calls.

Jaeyeol's moving to Seoul. They had been friends online for years now, ever since they were first-years in high school. God, it's been—Hyungseok graduated three years ago. They've known each other for six full years, and only now are they meeting in real life.

And oh, what a life it'll be. They had been in love, dating, for three years now, despite the drastically different time zones and flexibility of conversation. Jaeyeol had been born in Seoul, where Hyungseok now lives, but moved away to New York years ago for his father's business.

'I'll be arriving on the 15th. Will you meet me there? ;)' Jaeyeol had texted, two week before he was set to depart

'Of course! I'm so excited <3' He messaged back. Hyungseok was practically vibrating with the excitement of finally meeting his boyfriend in person. Oh, to be able to hold him, kiss him for the first time, take him by the hand and show him all that's changed in their city while he was gone. He dreams of it every night.

Every day passed painfully, yet there was such sweet bliss within him, knowing that it kept creeping closer and closer, with every hour, every minute, every second, he was one step nearer to finally meeting his love in person.

On the eight day Before, Jaeyeol had an idea. In one single text, he conveyed this idea concisely to Hyungseok, offering an opportunity to record something that they would cherish forever.

'How about we write a little diary entry every day, starting tomorrow and then ending when I get there? So we can always keep how we felt as we waited to see each other? '

Hyungseok immediately sent a message back, complimenting his idea.

'Yesssss that sound's great :D it'll be like a memory for us to tell stories about!'

'Definitely.'

And so, the following morning, they began. Day after day, they'd write about their feelings, tuning into each of their five senses, detailing exactly what it was like to be them, awaiting the final moment when they'd be able to hold each other, together forever. God, a week seemed like an eternity, waiting and waiting for the day to come, only to wake up in the morning and "Oh, six more days," and "Still have four more,"

All this bittersweetness, up until the moment they could finally sit up in bed, elation within them, and know that today's the day. Hyungseok, shoots his boyfriend a text.

'I can't wait to see you! I love you so much Jaeyeol'

Not a minute passes before he gets a response.

'I love you too, hyungseok <3 I'm so excited to see you'

Jaeyeol hugs the phone to his chest, his cheeks alight. God, all this time waiting for this day. It's finally here! He almost can't believe it.

He takes his journal he had been keeping in hand, flipping the pages until he reached the end of the previous day's entry. Picking up a pen and focusing it against the page, he begins to write his final letter.

DAY SEVEN (final day)

It's happening today. I'm finally going to be home with him, in Seoul. How will we meet? Will he be just as I had always pictured him to look, act, feel like in real life? No words can fully express just how excited i am to meet him, to finally be able to have all the sorts of things every normal couple has. To go on dates, to hold hands, to have real life arguments. I can't wait for it all. I can't wait to start my life with Hyungseok.

The man stands up, dragging his luggage to the car waiting outside, eager to get there as soon as possible. He had already spent an hour that morning, styling his hair and touching up his features with the slightest of makeup with the anticipation he held as he waited, the minutes ticking by.

Hyungseok, all the way across the ocean, spends his time deciding on what to wear. It's a relief he's no longer living in that shack he once called a home in high school. Bless his mother, who rented the place for him. She did her best. Now it's her son's turn to make the living.

It's almost like a dream. Jaeyeol's really coming! He's on his way, across the ocean, and—There's only a few hours away before it's time to head out to pick him up. Contrary to the rest of the week, these hours pass quickly, faster than he's ever felt it before. Soon enough, he's getting into his car, taking a deep breath, and then making his way off to the airport.

'He's coming! Oh my god...I'm finally gonna meet him...Finally!'

And indeed, they met. It was a sort of hall, right outside. Crowds and crowds of people, pushing each other as Hyungseok watched desperately, his hands trembling in his pockets, and his gaze flickering from face to face until—

It's him. Black hair, hanging like a curtain over his eyes. He's tall, handsome, and...

God, Hyungseok's in love with him.

Like a statue in the center of Hyungseok's universe, Jaeyeol stands frozen. His lips quiver, trying to form the word he's always wanted to feel himself utter as he stood in front of the other man.

And Hyungseok's there, still, his eyes adoring and searching him, welling up with tears. He's so beautiful, more than Jaeyeol could have ever imagined.

A tear trickled down his own cheek as Hyungseok came running towards him, his arms open. The two collide in an embrace, shaking with sobs as every touch, every sensation, every emotion pricks at them. The warmth of each other, of the love of their life. It's too much to bear all at once.

Jaeyeol presses shaky hands on Hyungseok's cheeks, centering his face in front of his own, watching as his eyes of red reflect him, entrapping him with the stars they held.

"Can...Can I kiss you?" Jaeyeol whispers, almost reluctantly nearing his face

"Please...I love you, Jaeyeol!" He cries, gingerly laying a hand on the other's shoulder as their tear-streaked lips meet, filled with the perfect passion of the six years passed, spent only knowing from afar, with only words to express their love. Here, their life together begins.