12 • The one

My eyes keep going to you even when you don't look at me

--------------------------------------

THIRD POV

The group of five while away their afternoon being chill at the picnic place until five. It's time to go home before darkness takes over the sky.

Jongho and Chaein part ways with the others as they take a different bus at opposite direction.

"Chaein ah, Yujin isn't dating or liking anyone right?"

"Yeah. Why you ask?"

For the sake of girls' friendship, she would never spill anything about her friend has a crush on Yeosang.

"Curiosity. Oh, shall we go there for our next date?" The boy changes topic as he diverts his eyes to the sight behind Chaein which she follows his gaze, only to see a newly open arcade.

As a 'man' , he can't say anything about Wooyoung possibly yet obviously has a crush on Yujin.

"Sounds like a great plan." The said girl exclaims, leaning towards the bus window as she looks at the colorful fairy lights dangling around arcade gate.

Hand in hand, the couple sitting side by side on their way home, totally enjoy one another's presence.

Yujin and Wooyoung look good together.

The boy talks to himself mentally. A grin plastered on his face wider as a feeling of excitement runs across his mind.

What if I give in a hand to get them together? Being a matchmaker seems fun.
.
.
.

"Woo, take Lim home safely. I have my shift at Paw at seven." Yeosang tosses his phone back into his jeans pocket after checking the time.

"Of course we'll go home together. She technically lives at the same place as us anyways." The said boy deadpans.

Yujin waves Yeosang goodbye, watching him sets off for his work place.

"Let's go?" Wooyoung speaks awkwardly. Fingers runs through his hair showing his forehead, only to let it covered again by the falling strands.

One habit of the boy but two reasons behind it : either he wanna look cool or he feels flustered.

It's probably both right now.

--- ✳ ---

THIRD POV

The sky is completely dipped in a dark shade, bringing heat as a company of the blowing wind. There are two moving shadows of the youngsters who aren't even friends or lovers as the street lights shine on them and follow every pavement they take.

Wooyoung and Yujin make their way walking back home in a weird atmosphere. However, it's not long for the girl to endure this deadly silent wall building up between them as she decides to break the ice.