AFTER WORK 𝘬. 𝘴𝘶𝘻𝘶𝘮𝘦𝘥𝘢

SHORT NOTE: second person pov, subtle manga spoiler

Kaori was working the whole day, she had to visit a game to also sell sponsorships, and whatnot. So the whole day for you, you were all alone once again. The day where you could finally take a day off from the hospital, you couldn't spend time with Kaori.

It was already late in the evening, you decided to cover up the food you made for your wife, and rested in your bedroom. The tv was on to keep you up, but your eyelids were heavy and soon, you fell asleep.

It was late and Kaori didn't notice the time, she hurriedly finished all work related stuff, and bid goodbye to Yukie, and the rest of her high school team. Akaashi was worried with how she was acting, "Suzumeda-san, are you alright?"

Her bag almost fell but luckily she caught it, she looked back at the male, and gave him a smile, "Well yeah, but I left my wife all alone at home the whole day, so before the day ends, I want to spend at least a few minutes with her. Anyways, bye! See you next time!"

She waved goodbye to the group of people before getting in the car and driving back home.

She parked the car in the garage and unlocked the door, she got in only to be met by dimmed lights, and you, not in her range of vision. She sadly sighed and went to the kitchen, she heated the food you made for her before eating.

You did almost nothing today yet you were still very drowsy. You looked out the window to see that the car was already parked, your eyes finally opened, and you hurried out of the bed and speed walked to the living room.

Kaori wasn't there, but all the lights were on, you walked to the kitchen to see her eating there, she looked at you, and with a smile, "Good evening, it's very late though, did I wake you up?" She asked,

"No, no, you didn't. I was feeling kind of sleepy and closed my eyes for a few minutes until I saw the car parked. Anyways, how was today?" You asked, raking your hands in her hair,

Her face turned red and she avoided eye contact, "It was like every other day. I'm sorry I couldn't spend time with you, though. Was it boring the whole day?"

"It was, but now you're here. So, it's not anymore." You smiled before letting your hand fall to the side as she stood up to wash the plates and utensils she used,

"It's almost twelve, shouldn't you sleep now?"

"I should be asking you that, you were at work the whole day." You said, she didn't respond, but with a smile, she wrapped her arms around you and carried you to the couch where you both just laid there in each others arms.

"I love you."