Prologue

I had been beaten and abused my whole life. All I can remember is violence and pain, but it wasn't always like that. I once was a normal person with a dysfunctionally functioning family. Just like everyone else. I remember that day so clearly the day my life lost any meaning it might have had. The only reason I'm still alive now is because I dream of freedom. I miss running through the woods. I forgot how wonderful it was. If only I could remember.

I sat in my cell waiting. I knew they wanted a fight today. "Just another day in paradise" I thought to myself. "I wonder what they will pit me against this time?"

My name is Miranda although I haven't heard that name used in a long time. I am fourteen. I was captured by Team Plasma ten years ago on my birthday. So every year on my birthday I hatch an escape plan. Team Plasma is so stupid that they haven't even figured out that I've been doing that for the past ten years. That day is tomorrow. Today I fight.

A guard came down and unlocked my cell. He them handcuffed me and took me to the fighting ring that I knew so well. I could find that place in my sleep, but after ten years I can't even find an exit. That fighting ring is my second home and I have gotten a lot of bad injuries fighting there, but I don't have a single scar the only thing is I once had my right eye so badly damaged that when it healed it turned blue and now I can only see black and white out of it. I don't even have a limp or a twitch. I guess that made up for being captured when I was four.

The guard roughly shoved me into the ring, uncuffed me, through my sword and bow at me, then tossed me my arrows. Those were two of my only three possessions. My bow was a golden recurve. My sword was silver and shiny with a leather grip. My last possession was my most important it was a moon and star pendant with an expensive silver chain. The star on it was gold and the moon was made out of an expensive stone that glowed blue when it hit the moonlight. It stood out next to my clothes; I wore black spandex shorts, a grey tank-top, a black sports jacket, and a pair of neon green shoes that stood out from everything else. My clothes matched me perfectly; I had dark brown hair that showed red highlights in the sunlight, my eyes used to both be forest green, now only one is, I am tall and skinny, which doesn't match my appetite at all, and my arms and legs are long and skinny, but don't let my size fool you, you just might live regret it one day.

I heard stomping ahead of me. I looked over and saw the cage on the other side open to reveal a large Bouffalant, and he was angry. It charged, and I dived under it and stuck my sword into its leg. It collapsed just as I got out from under it. It got up straight away turned around and charged at me again I dived to the side and stabbed it in its shoulder. It howled in pain, then turned and jabbed its horn into my thigh. I stifled a scream, and reached for my sword which was still imbedded in the Bouffalant's shoulder, but before I could the huge beast threw me up into the air turned around and mule kicked me over the huge walls of the ring. I landed right at Giovani's feet with a light thud and a grunt of pain.

A guard standing next to him went to pick me up and throw me back in the ring, but I put my hand up for him to stop, then I dragged myself to my feet and tripped down the steps and lifted myself over the ledge. I landed right on the Bouffant and clung for dear life as it started bucking and kicking. Then it did the very thing I feared it would do. It reared up and slammed its back into the ground. A grunt escaped me along with all the air inside my lungs. The Bouffalant rolled off me, and I thrashed around as I struggle to get air into my lungs. Strangely enough the Bouffalant didn't attack me as I struggled around it just stood there. Just as I was about to pass out about I managed to get in a large breath, and my vision began to clear as I felt the much needed air reach my oxygen deprived veins. I lied there for a second taking in great gulping breaths, before reaching over to my sword which had landed next me, and struggling to my feet. The Bouffalant was standing across the ring staring at me. I limped slowly over to it just barely managing to get my injured leg to hold me up. It didn't charge. So I kept getting closer until I was only a few feet away from the big Pokémon, and of all the way things that could happen. The Bouffalant stooped it's head low and then a female spoke inside my head, "I can see it now, your, dreams of freedom, and I will grant that wish." Then my legs gave out from under me, and everything went dark.