We will be together again

"Lulu. I'm home" Raven declared through the house.The house was modest for a wealthy business man. Raven held a lot of money to his name. The walls were a pale lavender. It was his girlfriend's favourite colour. The soft carpeted floor a smooth white, just ahead of him he could see the living room and a figure pitter pattering towards him. A lone book was hanging off the edge of the dark couch. Just as he was about to close the brown, oak door a frail pale skinned figure wrapped her arms around him. "Ravey, you're back." She squealed. Raven turned to face the woman behind him, he took a moment to admire her beauty. Her dark hair held in a royal yet messy bun, parts of her hair framing her face and her bangs delicately touching her eyes. Her golden eyes gleaming with happiness. Her soft pink lips curved in a smile. "How was work today?" Luna asked. " It was ok, made a few deals." Raven rambled about his day. Luna admired her lover's words. "My father did tell me that you were a fine businessman." she told him. "Did he tell you anything else?" Raven enquired. " No my love, he didn't say anything else."
"Ok that's good."
"What why?"
"Nothing." Raven smiled at Luna. "I found something today." Raven said pulling a file from his bag. "What is it? Is it someone from your family?" She questioned. "Yes, I found my brother" Raven revealed. Luna looked at Raven quizzically. " You have a brother?" She asked. "Yes my love I do." Raven spoke. "Do you know where he is?" Luna asked. "No but I'll try to find him." Raven stated hopefully.

Luna pulled a gold locket from her pocket and placed it on her palm "Then this is for you my love." she told him. "What for?" Raven asked admiring the locket. "For when you're away and you miss me." Luna beamed. Raven took the locket into his hands and put it on, he wouldn't turn down a gift from his girlfriend would he? Raven was renowned for turning down gifts unless Luna told him to. Luna fidled with the hem of her shirt before looking at Raven again. "My love I also have something to tell you." She whispered. "What is it my love?" Raven smiled at her lifting her chin so he could look into her eyes. " We're having a baby." She mumbled unsure of his reaction. Raven held his smile and tackled Luna into a crushing hug. "I love you Lulu."
"I love you too Ravey." Luna said as she hugged him back. Raven lifted her from the floor and placed her on the couch. He pulled a small black velvet box from his pocket. "Luna. I've loved you for so long and I want to spend every moment with you. So Luna Themiscyra, daughter of Lord Themiscyra, will you marry me?" Raven asked with hope in his eyes. "Yes I will." Luna whispered sweetly. They spent the rest of the day talking, laughing and dreaming about their future together.

~a few months later~

Luna's father helped Raven get fitted into his suit and put his hand on his shoulder. "I've known for a while. I've thought of you as my son. I hope you'll give my daughter the same amount of love as you have all this time." He spoke. "I plan to give her and my child the best they could imagine." Raven promised. He looked at the marble floors of the church and smiled. Across the hall, Luna busy daydreaming about the days to come. Luna's bestfriend Volpe reprimanded Luna for smiling and giggling like a little idiot. " You're marrying him I know. That doesn't mean you can keep making yourself giggle." Volpe scolded. "Why not? In the end, it's only me and him together forever." Luna responded. Luna's father strode in to finally give his daughter away to someone she loves this time. *My child. Are you sure you want to spend the rest of your life with Raven and his child? This new chapter?" he asked as if he was making sure that he himself was ready to give her away. "Yes father." Luna's voice sang. He turned to his smiling daughter and held her hand.

The venue was lavish. A red carpet for the aisle, Luna's favourite flowers decorating the walls and pews, but the best thing was Luna walking through the doors of the church. She looked as if an angel fell from the sky or the dirst dot of snow on a autumn's morning. Raven made sure Luna was the center of attention. Her pale white heels clicking against the marble floors in a sweet harmony. Her eyes danced around the venue before setting her eyes on her husband-to-be. Raven smiled when he saw her, he felt as of the ground beneath him didn't exist. His heart fluttered like it was being lifted by a million butterflies. The couple stared at each other like they were the only people there. Just as Luna was about to be handed off a man with thick blonde hair sheared into devilish spikes and eyes filled with hate. He raised his mask and grabbed his knife and moved to attack Raven, for what reason we will never know. Just as the man was about to bury his knife into Raven's abdomen. A flash of white appeared before Raven before he knew it his golden eyed fiancee collapsed in his arms. The masked stranger took off before anyone managed to catch up to him.

The wedding that was beautifully orchestrated fell into complete chaos as screams were heard, tears fell like rain on a field and a group of people on the search for this murderer. Raven held his fiancee and gently placed her before the alter. "My love, please open your eyes." he whispered as tears burned his vision. "I-I-I love you R-ravey." Luna stuttered as blood stained her pure, snowy wedding dress. Raven frantically applied pressure to her wound. "You will be fine. I promise." Raven cried as he hopelessly looked around for help.  Luna lifted her pale hand to her black-haired lover's cheek and forced him to look into her eyes. "R-r-ravey it's t-time for m-me t-to go. D-d-d-d-don't think of d-d-death as a-a-an end, my love. But a-a-a new stage-e o-o-of life." she weakly replied. Her eyes held a soft look but Raven could see the pain behind them, the pain of knowing she won't survive neither would their baby. She tried to keep her smile for him, but her body only wanted to express pain. "I-I-I love you." her voice barely a whisper. "I love you too." Raven spoke back with a sliver of hope. Now it was time for Raven to realize that she won't make it. The flowers wilting with sadness, the sunlight bathed Luna in a final glow. Her blood was beginning to seep through Raven's hand as his tears fell onto her dress turning it fro a pristine white to a pale grey. The locket that was secured around Raven's neck started to warm against his cool skin. "Goodbye my love." she breathed as the air carried her final words to her lover. As the words left her pink lips, her body went limp in Raven's arms. Raven hung his head and cried like a child when they miss their mother on the first day of school. The priest approached the couple and said a prayer to put her soul to rest.

While Raven poured his eyes out, Luna held a soft smile as if she was telling him that she was okay now. No longer in pain. Raven cradled his lover as the locket got warmer and warmer. Raven finally put his lover down and opened the locket. A sliver of his soul melded with Luna's in a wisp of thin blue light and flew into the locket. A voice that Raven could never forget uttered words he will carry for the rest of his life.

"We will be together again."