Chapter 1: An advertisment & A quest

I awoke screaming. Another one of those fucking nightmares. They all seem to end with either someone I know or I dying. Oddly enough I never remember them as soon as I wake up, so getting "help" is of no luck. 

"Shit man" my roommate Keaton said "You need to go see a psychologist, this is the 3rd time this week? You good?"   

Trying to catch my breath, "You really think I HAVEN'T thought of that. option by now, god just please leave me be ." We were freshman in college at this point. I was studying criminal justice while Keaton was an art major. I practically grew up with this kid. He was always there for me when I needed help, or the bullies where making up some bullshit excuse to take my lunch money. if only he knew that I secreatly had the biggest crush on him, but I wasn't out at the time and he had a girlfriend.  He's surprisingly been in all of my classes from second grade up until now. We even got into the same college together. Montgomery University.

I couldn't stop staring at him, he looked good without a shirt on. Those green eyes and brown wavy hair with his beard always got to me...I'm getting sidetracked this isn't a romance novel you are reading...

"Noah, you know I'm worried about you" whimpered Keaton. "You damn well know not to be stressing over these midterms, in one day we will be off to Michigan!"

We got up and started getting ready for class. It was the last day before spring break, aka Midterms Keaton and I were excited about going on a road trip with a few other friends. He hasn't even told me anything about where we are going yet.

"Hey, mind if I bring Katherine along on our trip?" Keaton asked.

I sighed "Why must you bring her? We're only going to be gone like five days, tops. You can call or text her whenever you like."

Keaton slapped me across my cheek. "She's my GIRLFRIEND! Don't you understand? I need to be with her 24/7!" I eyerolled at that statement, I was about to say "Yeah, well too bad I'm a homosexual", but I stoped myself, not the time.

I muted him out past that point and rubbed my cheek, "Oh fuck it. Fine you can bring Katherine , but nobody else. We already have me, you, Kat, and Jim coming. The RV is going to be packed."

"Hey!" Keaton yelled, "Her name is Katherine to you mister, I can only call her Kat!" Again another eye roll, while he can be extremely irritating, he's just a great friend to bring along. 

"Hold up I just got a text from Jim." Keaton said "Looks like it's going to be the 3 of us after all, He's got a pretty bad family emergency, that sucks" 

"Eh, Call up Nathan see if he wants to tag along." I shrugged. Nathan and  I have some pretty heavy history to say the least.  Not only was he the guy I lost it to, He's responsible for even getting me into this college. I owe him my life. 

    As we stepped out the door, I got a Facebook invitation to an upcoming event. It's weird because none of my friends invited me...  " Hey look what I just got invited to..." Keaton cut me off "Ah FUCK shit that was the surprise, I got us all tickets to this epic haunted vacation resort place called LucidVille!" He pulled up a trailer for the park. And I gotta say it looked pretty intense and cool.

 COME ONE COME ALL! COME TO LUCIDVILLE. A NEW HAUNTED RESORT WHERE YOU ARE A PART OF THE MURDER. EXPERIENCE YOUR TRUE POWERS AND VISIT THE PLACE OF YOUR NIGHTMARES. ONLY $200 A PERSON. APPROXIMATELY 4-5 DAYS. LIMITED SPACE AVAILABLE.

"Woah woah hold up, $200?!? that's like one paycheck how did you even get the money for 4 tickets?" I questioned "Easy, I had a Groupon for like 70% off, tickets were only like $50 a pop with buy one get one free. Apparently, it's their anniversary sale or something..." Keaton said. 

That was the first sign that something was up, usuaally tickets for other events like this go for way more and at full price, so that must mean that they must not be doing so well. Second off I saw the copyright date and it still showed 1999 so this video is about 20 years old. "Dude, this seems extremely sketchy. I don't know if I like it" Keaton shakes his head "Oh don't be a bitch, come on we'll pack later lets get these midterms out of the way"

Little did I know that I was in for the craziest time of my life.