The Lemon

Baby, baby, tell me more of your lies...

Ratchet woke up, and just in time for the morning, except... he was in no mood to do what he wanted to do.

He never even bothered taking a shower or even take breakfast, just staring at a picture of the beloved that was taken from him...

The picture of Talwyn Apogee.

After 3 weeks, Ratchet was about to marry that girl and share a family with her, have a family anyway... but suddenly tragedy struck... far worse than ever...

A proposal was to be made, a wedding was to be set but there would be no betrothal of two adventurous souls.

Amidst a firefight between pirates led by the Smuggler and Space Rangers, Talwyn laid a beautiful cold body before Ratchet's eyes... whose face wracked with tearful grief, and a scream for the loss of his beloved.

Now, Ratchet just lied still in a tree in Solaria, lonely, desolate and inactive. Captain Qwark gave him a indefinite leave until the Lombax was able to get back on his feet and report again for duty.

But this was much to the concern of his compact robot friend.

Now Clank just stood watching Ratchet, knowing that his logic and reason could not weather Ratchet's emotions and grief for Talwyn, he knew he loved her more so than he ever protected the little robot.

But being the calculating little machine that he is, Clank walked around in circles trying to get any solutions of bringing Ratchet out of his grieving state, too worried for his best friend to even back down on his considered task. He kept trying but eventually speculated that none of the suggestive methods he would do will work...

Except for one...

Midnight, Clank patiently sat down in a table since he was so small he couldn't be seen while sitting on the stools. Sure enough, his tapping of his fingers were kind of erractic, but not bothering the patrons of the bar he was sitting on, given that his private seat was too far to be noticable by the patrons. An hour passed and it was then till a mysterious female cloaked figure arrived.

"Ah, I'm glad you're here."

The cloak figure nodded and immediately took off her hood, revealing herself to be a white Lombax with light purple stripes. Fairly indicative of her was four iron earrings, two per ear, a pair of black-strapped goggles over her head, a red scarf in her neck and her yellow and black prosthetic right arm.

"Kit says hello."

"You did not bring her along?"

"Nope, she'd wanted to guard the fort, said it's all up to me alone."

"I see."

"I heard about Talwyn... I'm sorry."

"I know. And that is what I wish to discuss you about."

The Lombax, Rivet, immediately perked her ears up slightly in surprise.

"Oh?"

"It may have been beyond my capacity to say this... but I think that you might be the one who can bring him out of his darkest grief."

She blushed like crazy and hid behind her hood, covering her face with her prosthetic hand.

"M-m-m-me?! Why me?!"

Clank timidly stopped twiddling his fingers and explained...

"Because I think you may succeed where others would not. I could call in others like Sasha, but I believe that you may have the better chance of saving Ratchet from his despair."