The Life of Aslyn Grace

Chapter One- Hell Has Resumed

I walked up the stairs to the main floor, trying to bring blood flow back into my fingertips from the short 30 seconds I was outside just to walk from the bus to the lower lobby. Familiar faces, feelings, and moments were occurring as I reached the main level of the school. Winter break was over, unfortunately. I was kind of getting used to the routine I had going for those 2 weeks off, and I was enjoying it too. But now I have returned to what I call hell, though most just call it high school. At least i was officially half way through the year. All I kept telling myself this morning was that I can do it, it's just one more semester, I know I can do this for 18 more weeks- Woah that makes it seem long... I can make it through 3 more report cards. (That sounds better)

I neared the usual corner that I got most of the stares from, probably walking even faster than I did before break. After those set of stares died off, I made it to the next group of peering eyes. These weren't usually that bad though. Most of the girls that sit there don't show up until about 7:10. I always get there at 7:03, give or take a couple minutes. A few more swift steps to my spot and i got the usual "Heyy" from Tyler and Bailey.

"Heyy! Omg I love your shoes! How can you still look so cute this early, especially right after break?!", both twins gave their very twin-like introductions.

"Thanks. Meh I don't know. I picked it all out last night, didn't take long to get ready this morning. I was so tired." I said as I pulled the earphones from my ear. (Thats something that I never understood about the twins. Or anyone else for that matter. When I have earphones in its because I don't want to speak to anyone. But I don't get all that mad at them about it. They truly are the sweetest girls ever.) I took notice again at what I was wearing. I had on my new Steve Madden combat boots with my oh so cute frilly edged Betsey Johnson socks sticking out of the top. I paired them with an old light brown dolman top, a really warm cream color scarf, and black yoga pants. I had my hair in huge messy curls and my typical makeup with bright pink lips, which played off of one of the many bracelets I was wearing.

We made small talk while I re-reorganized my backpack side pockets until the first bell rang. I lugged myself off the hideous carpeted hallway floor and threw the loaded backpack over my back, flipping my hair out from underneath it. The rest of the girls walked to our class, peeling off the further we walked until I was the last one to get to mine.

The first 2 periods went by pretty fast and surprisingly I stayed wide awake for it all. But then I got to third period, the only class on my new semester schedule that had changed. I used to have Ms. Law for Theatre but now I have Mr. Cottom. After sitting through what felt like hours of him and the more serious actors talk about Le Mis, I was finally relieved by the bell for next class.

Algebra. The only class I will always enjoy no matter what. Math will always be my strength. There is a right answer and a wrong answer. No questioning or matter of opinion, like english. The methods and formulas were there, plain and simple.

Lunch. Boring. The only word to truly describe my lunch. 90% of the time I sit there nibbling on my food and texting my friends from Montgomery, pretending to be somewhat into the conversation occurring at my table. If I weren't texting, I was doing Algebra homework so I didn't have to do it later or my cram studying for spanish (My next class).

Spanish. Uhm eww and haha. Thats the best way to explain that class. Mrs. mann was literally the worst language teacher I have ever had. But my friends in class made it enjoyable. So the teacher totally sucks but the class is pretty fun. Tricia and I caught up a bit (basically meaning we discussed boys and shoes). This class is 10 minutes longer than the others because of the lunches, which makes me feel like the longest class in history. I always get cranky, well crankier than usual, in this class which really didn't help set my mood for english. And trust me, a perfect mood was necessary for that particular class.

***ok guys what do you think so far?? This is my first crack at writing anything besides school essays and elementary topics. I want my book to be real but come on, why would we want to read about things we already experience? This is going to be a cliche because as a girl, i can say that cliches will never get old for me. And btw this is a very boring chapter to me so i might tweak it up but I needed something to just get the basic setting started out. But seriously, please tell me what you thought or if you have any suggestions! I want to keep writing but there is no point if no one will want to read it. I will hopefully have the second chapter posted soon (I promise it will get better as the story goes along so bear with me and the semi-boring beginning.) ***