'23

A couple of hours after we arrived home, Lada, Annika, and Anderi arrived as well. As soon as Anderi stepped foot inside the door I grabbed his arm and pulled him to the side, where no one could see us.

"I'm so sorry Anderi, I should have listened to you." I said.

I knew that Anderi would have to bare Czar's wrath because of something I had done. It wasn't fair and I was hoping that Czar wouldn't be so hard on him. He didn't deserve it.

"I would tell you that it's okay but it's not. My aunt is dead because of our recklessness."

I could see the hurt in his eyes, and it only made me feel more guilty.

"Anderi I-"

"I told you it wasn't a good idea. We hardly even looked for the guy and look how that ended."

"I didn't think-"

"We should go, Czar is properly looking for us." He walked away from me.

I stood in the corner for a few seconds, not ready to face the family of the lady I just had gotten killed. I took a few deep breaths before headed to the living room where everyone were gather.

Lada gave me a small smile, but even then I could still see the pain all over her face. She patted the seat next to her and I felt a wave of relief was over me as I headed over and sat beside her.

Czar was pacing back and forth in the room, seeming to be deep in thought and we all watched him quietly until he finally began to talk.

"Liam knows where we are, he knows how to get to us. I'm not taking no more risk. All of you will be staying here until further notice."

"I can't stay here, I need to watch over my husband." Lada said.

"He can come ass well, I don't give a shit but no one is allowed to leave this house without me knowing. You must have security with you at all times." Czar said.

"So what are we going to do about Liam?" Anderi asked.

"We find out where the hell he is, and then we kill him." He folded his arms as he looked at us.

"I just don't understand why he would go after mom." Annika said, her voice cracking and silent tears falling down his face.

"I guess it was to finish what he started years ago." Czar mumbled.

"This means that Zariah must have extra protection, she's the one he really wants." Lada said.

"Zariah and I won't be staying here." Czar said.

"What?" We all said in unison.

"You and I will be boarding a plane tomorrow, we're going out of the country."

"Where to?" I asked.

"You'll find out tomorrow."

"You can't just drag her half way across the world." Lada argued.

"I can and I will, I will protect her." Czar exited the room.

"This is all my fault." I whispered. 

"No don't say that, This isn't your fault." Lada brought me into hug her.

Suddenly I felt even more guilty. She had been the one to lose her mother but here she was trying to comfort me. It didn't seem right or fair, I knew Czar was hurting, I knew that they all were hurting and it was all because of me.

This was all my fault.

~*~

After I got out the shower I wrapped a towel tightly around my body before I walked into the room and found Czar sitting on the edge of the bed. He was in his grey sweats and was shirtless. His head was in his hand and his body was shaking silently.

I walked over to him, placing my hand on his back and rubbing it.

"I'm so sorry Czar, I can't tell you that it's going to be okay because I don't know it is. But, I promise I will be here for you, or at least try to be." I said.

He looked up at me, his eyes red and warty, and for the first time I wasn't scared to look back into them ocean blue eyes. 

I placed my hand on his cheek and wiped his tears away with my thumb. He wrapped his arm around my waist and brought me closer bringing me into a hug. We sat in silence, and I allowed for him to hug me, not caring that I was only in a towel. He was vulnerable, he was hurting, and I just wanted to make him feel better.

After what felt like forever he finally let go of me and headed towards the door before looking back at me.

"I-I'll sleep on the couch tonight." He said before hurrying out of the room.

Suddenly I felt cold and my hurt felt heavy as I watched him close the door. Wishing that he would have stayed.

~*~

Don't forget to comment, vote, and share. Until next time my lovelies!