TIME IS TICKING ( 시간이 가고 있다 )

" It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone. "

-Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy

Everything started as a dream. From their fateful encounter to them falling in love, everything felt like a dream that both had to wake up from. It was so sudden and unfair, but like any dream, all they felt and lived was momentary.

From her red lips lifting in a smile at the sight of his face, to her warm touch on his skin. All turned cold and ended at the moment they learned the truth. At the moment he had regretted landing his eyes on her.

It all happened a year ago when the man started suffering from chest pain and dizziness. At first, he thought nothing of it, just symptoms that explained his tired state at work, but the more frequent they became, the more worried his fiancé, Park Eunae, had started to grow.

" You should really go see a doctor, Jungkook. I don't like you seeing you suffering this way. Maybe you should take some days off and- "

" You know I can't. " Interrupted the man. " I've been promoted just recently. If I start demanding some days off, it wouldn't be seen well in the company. "

The 26 years old woman stared at his profile, the bags under his eyes were more visible. She walked over to him and cupped his cheeks to make him face her, " Then please, at least go see a doctor, hm? "

Weak to her pleading face, the young man sighed and took her hands in his. " Fine, I will go see him whenever I will be free. "

" Good. I will make an appointment for you if you want. Just tell me when. " The woman smiled before she took him in her embrace. She could not afford to let anything happen to him.

A few weeks went by, and the man had long forgotten about his finacé's warnings. He experienced several symptoms like shortness of breath and lightheadedness along with his usual chest pain but discarded all that.

His stubbornness started to become poisonous to his body. And his fiancé was the first to witness.

He found himself in a white room, on a white bed, white sheets, and a white ceiling. The beeping sound made him realized where he was as a sigh escaped his lips.

Back to the present, in the year 2046, Jeon Jungkook laid on the floor of his living room before he tried to sit up and take in his surrounding. A groan escaped his lips as he held his head in the hope to make his migraine go away, but he knew better.

Slowly lifting his body from the ground, he walked toward his bathroom while maintaining stability with the wall next to him and grabbed a pain killer. He gulped the whole pill before he laid his hands on both sides of the sink while keeping his eyes shut.

A few minutes later, he felt the pain subside and opened his eyes to watch his reflection in the mirror. Those dark pool eyes that stared back at him were voided from any liveliness. His complexion was terrible, and his hair was a mess.

The man clenched his jaw before he turned the tap on and splashed his face with cold water. Having enough, he lifted his face to stare back at his reflection and frowned. Drops fell from his hair to land on the side of his cheeks, then fell on the sink before he ran his fingers through his locks and pushed them back.

Was it over now? He questioned himself as he stared at the watch wrapped around his wrist.

He exited the bathroom and stared around his house to find any traces of his fiancé, Park Eunae. No pictures, no souvenirs from their trips, or anniversary. Nothing.