Chapter 2

Happy New Year Everyone! 

may i wish you the best of all :)  i have to thank you again for your time reading. i hope you like it !

                  I stood at the corner of the busy main street. I was waiting for the pedestrian and it brought me back where…

                The enchanting voice of his works his magic on me like casting a spell. “Jill, if you only step on the white lines it will bring you good luck. Not the black lines, they bring bad luck”, he spoke into the cold air. The light went green as he finished and he walked gracefully ahead of me only stepping on white lines. I knew he was just bluffing but I could not help myself to try it. I walked carefully, trying to catch up with him. When I looked up, he held out his hands for me flashing his dashing smile.

Heavens, I was captured by an angel. I accepted his hands and let him lead me to the white lines.

                  He chuckled as we reached to the other side. I was so oblivious of what was going on. He holds up our entwined hands and smiled like he just won a lottery. I flushed red from the gesture as I was completely unaware of it.

“You are so cute; I had u fooled a little while didn’t I?” he stated.

I was speechless. Oh, I knew it was a trick! I am so gullible and we are holding hands together. As I tried to unravel my hands from his, he tightened his grip. My heart was racing, my breath quickens. He was so near, so near that I was afraid he could hear my racing heart for him. Afraid he might figure out how I really felt for him. Afraid it will ruin our friendship. Afraid he will walk out of my life if he knows the truth.

                I froze. I must say something or he will be suspicious. Before I could speak, his other hand held my head and kissed me on the forehead. His warm breath was felt against my cheek. I think I blushed. No, I definitely was blushing. I kept my head low and shoved him away from me.

“I am not a kid, ok?” I utter in confidence.

“I know what you are to me, Jill.”

             He whispered in such a low voice that sounds like never meant for me to hear it. But I heard it, alright. Stubbornly, I thought he loves me as a sister. Those tease were his way of showing his affection to me as a sister. It hurts, every time realising the fact I could not have more than a sister. Any other way, I could not risk the chance of losing him. I promised to never leave his side when he told me his story. He healed people who are damaged and once they have cured, they all left.

I am damaged and he is my light.

If I left, would not I be cruel as others are?

The light went green. I am guilty as ever. Tears are no longer flowing as they were before.

I walked on the lines as if I held no feelings. I will keep living in pain and sorrow.

This is my punishment.