After Midnight

Zi's Author Notes:

{ It's only near the end of June. But in my head, we are now living in the middle of October because of various horror stories that I've written this past week. This is one of the many horrors, or should I say, spooky stories to come. }
________________________________

About a month ago, I was driving to the countryside for my best friend surprise birthday party

About a month ago, I was driving to the countryside for my best friend surprise birthday party. He had just gotten back from the army when he texted me that he would head up to his parent house for his birthday weekend. His parents and I secretly agreed to let me drove over to their place a day earlier. So I would surprise him since he wouldn't expect me to drive up there.

In the Middle of the Pinewood Forest

It was the end of the Friday night when I head out from my office to being on the road. Two am. The car was the only thing on the road that night. In order to combat the exhaustion, I turned on the radio and Bluetooth my phone to the speaker. It did help that there was no one else driving on the road so I turned on the volume up.

I drove while humming along to the song until I passed through a sign that said: Welcome to HavenFront. The only thing that was visible to the eyes that night was the same lines of pine trees and the long empty road that was shined upon by the car's headlight.

After a while of driving on a straight road, the car engines began to rumble. It bugged me until to the point of me stopping the car by the side of the road.
I got out with a flashlight that I kept spared in the car to inspect what's wrong with it. I pulled up the hood and odd enough to find out that there wasn't any smoke or leaked engines to cause the rumbled. Nothing. I pulled down the hood and continued the drive.

About 10 minutes of driving later, I passed through the same sign. And guess what it said. Welcome to HavenFront.The hell? I just passed that sign half an hour ago? There were no signs telling of where I was. When the same looking pine trees and the dirt road was the only constant thing that night. That must be a different sign that I passed through? I might be under the sleep's influence? It must be.

My hand tried to take the phone that was on the passenger's seat beside me. So that I could change to a different playlist. I hold out my hand to the phone that was inches away from my grasp. I pulled my seatbelt slightly and took the phone in my hand. Well, not before the car hit something that totally knocked me and the phone onto the floor of the car by surprise.

Despite the fact that my car stopped abruptly after hitting something, I could feel my limbs and muscle all working normally. I regained consciousness and looked at my window to see what the hell did I hit? I was too shocked by what just happened to notice that blood was trickling down from my head. Without wasting another second, I heedlessly rubbed the blood away from my face as I got out to the front of the car.
A gasp escaped from me. An enormous cow was lying to its side as blood began to pool around its slowly dead body. I took a few steps closer to the cow and its bloody eyes were staring right through my soul.