「 𝚅𝚞𝚕𝚗𝚎𝚛𝚊𝚋𝚕𝚎. 」

- ☆ -

"Yo," Boruto said as he reached their usual meeting area.

"Hi."

"Mitsuki's not with you?" He gave Y/n a confused look.

"He said he had to do something last night and would meet us here."

"Oh, okay."

"What is Mitsuki to you?" Y/n asked him, out of curiosity.

"Eh?" Boruto replied. She held a serious expression on her face, "A close friend. Why?" Before she could explain, another voice interrupted them from behind.

"Both of you."

"Sarada," Boruto said as she put her hand on her waist.

"Sensei said there's no mission today." She looked around, "Eh? Mitsuki's not here?"

"No, not yet." Boruto replied, "Let's go to his house and tell him." He said as he started walking in the opposite direction of his apartment.

"Boruto," Y/n called as he stopped walking.

"Uh...where does he live again?" He asked while rubbing the back of his neck.

"Ya, I don't know where he lives either," Sarada said.

"This way," Y/n sighed, leading them towards their apartment.

- ☆ -

They reached the building a while later, walking up to the ninth floor.

"Is this where he lives?" Boruto asked, looking around.

"Where else would I be taking you?" She replied in a cold tone.

"This got me thinking...where do you live?" Boruto asked her as they arrived at the door to his apartment.

"We're here." She replied, opening the door.

Right as they entered, multiple pictures of Y/n and Mitsuki hung on the wall.

She was smiling ear to ear like no care in the world. Boruto had never seen her like that.

As they walked further in, there was a Kitchen to the right, a lot more pictures of Mitsuki and Y/n together when they were kids.

The hallway leads to the living room which branched out to two other rooms.

"The house is big for a person who lives alone," Boruto whispered to Sarada.

There was a tv on the right side and a pretty comfortable-looking couch. On the left were the dining table and an open window which looked into the kitchen.

"He's probably in his room." Sarada walked up to the door and knocked on it twice.

"Mitsuki?" Boruto called out, following her there.

"I'm coming in," Sarada announced before opening the door.

The room was empty, only the bed and side table remained.

"It's basically...empty," Sarada spoke, shock written all over her face.

Boruto walked up to the bedside table, noticing the only decoration in the room, two photo frames.

A sole picture of Boruto...and another picture of him and Y/n, but this time she was hugging him tightly.

"Why is this room the only one empty?" He asked.

"Mitsuki was always a rather..." She thought for a second, "...plain person."

"I'm checking the other one," He announced before walking out of the room.