chapter Un

AXEL POV

I helped my girlfriend set up cameras and infrared detectors around the abandoned insane asylum. I bet you're wondering why I and my girlfriend are in an insane asylum huh?

Well, we're paranormal investigators. We go to locations and look for paranormal entities or as you'd probably say ghosts. I always research the places we investigate on the way there or once we find out where our next adventure will take place. Like almost every asylum pretty dark things have taken place here, human experimentation, electroshock therapy, neglect, etc.

It was kind of a given that this place was haunted. Back in the day, you could be hospitalized for almost anything, being gay, having an imagination, pissing off the wrong person, being anything less perfect, you get the idea. With that being the case more times than not there were bound to be restless spirits.

I looked around and realized that my girlfriend Sage had moved on without me. God damn it, Sage. Can you have any patience? I sighed and went to find her, after walking for what feels like forever but was probably only 5 minutes. I figured she probably went back to the camper to wait for the rest of our team. When doing a paranormal investigation it was really helpful to have a team of people you trusted. There were five of us. There was me, oh I forgot to tell you my name. I'm Axel Fernsby. My girlfriend's name is Sage Tram. Sage mostly stays in the camper with our tech expert Raven Photine during the investigation. The others on the team include Jace Maverick and Noah Thomas. I, Noah, and Jace are lead investigators, meaning we actually go into and spend the night in the haunted location while the girls keep tabs on everything using the cameras and catch things that we might not see.

RAVEN POV

I was currently trapped in a car with two idiots. Jace was talking about gay rights, surprise, surprise. He was always talking about gay rights, or ghosts, or his favorite books. And Noah was playing with his binder and I wanted to smack him but alas I was driving. He kept pulling it up then tugging it down slightly only to repeat his actions.

We were on our way to meet up with Axel and Sage. to be honest I really don't like Axel. if he disappeared I'd be completely fine. I couldn't wait to see Sage, she was my best friend of 12 years. We were now 22 and have been friends since we were 10.

I looked over at Noah who was in the passenger seat

"You know, you shouldn't even be wearing your binder, Noah. you know you not supposed to wear it during an investigation.'' I told him I was feeling bad for him. He was so close to having enough money for top surgery but then his house was broken into and they took his surgery money. People are so sick nowadays.

Noah looked at me and sighed "yeah...I know..."

Well...that was a great conversation. Nice talk my guy...

I sighed as I drove, watching the scenery pass by, nothing that interesting, mostly just fields of corn, occasionally there would be a small town, so small that if you blink you'll miss it.

After about another hour of driving, I pulled into a small gas station. I looked in the back seat to see Jace wanted anything but he was fast asleep so I decided I'd get him something to eat. I looked at Noah who was sitting with his knees up on the glove box and a book opens on his lap. I wondered how he could read in the dark but didn't say anything. Noah could be pretty sensitive

"Want anything to eat?" I asked. No answer. He was way into his book.

I rolled my eyes and got out and filled up on gas then went inside. I got some monsters and lukewarm sandwiches and put them on the counter

"This all?" the guy behind the counter asked

"Gas at pump 2 and a pack of camels along with a bottle of berry blast vape juice please '' I said. He grabbed the cigarette and vape juice and rang up mystuff I paid and walked back out to the car. I handed Noah a monster and a sandwich

"Thanks" I nodded and packed my cigarettes and then started driving again. The sun was almost down and I was getting excited. I loved going on ghost hunts. I also loved spending time with Sage. She was always so sweet and soft-spoken although her appearance would say otherwise, Sage was covered in tattoos and had plenty of piercings. She had stormy blue eyes that would sparkle when she got an idea and silver hair that would sparkle like a million diamonds under the moonlight--

'What the fuck am I thinking? Get a grip Raven.' i told myself 'she has a boyfriend

I scoffed. Axel was such a bastard. He doesn't know how lucky he is.

I lit a cigarette and sighed as I cracked my window. I felt the cool night air hit my skin and felt slightly comforted. I was usually pretty tense and anxious. I loved the night, everything about it calmed my frayed nerves.

I laughed. You would think that after all the years that I'd been ghost hunting that nothing could make me anxious but if you think that you'd be very wrong.

SAGE POV

I worked on cleaning up the camper so that I didn't look like I and Axel were slobs. I picked my dirty clothes up off the floor and threw them into a nearby hamper. I went outside and turned on our generator then went back inside and put a pizza in the toaster oven and booted up all the computers and monitors. After I made sure that all the camera were up and running I grabbed my walkie talkie and made a call to Axel

"Alright cameras are all working," i told him and took my finger off the talk button

"Okay thank you beautiful" I blushed when he said that and made sure that the handheld cameras were working and put in fresh batteries along with the other walkie talkies and equipment