Chapter 1

(Madhu's POV)

The throne room was filled with numerous rulers from many kingdoms around the country, all here to congratulate my knight for his bravery and valor shown on the battleground. The royal ambience was felt throughout the room. I always became lost in its regality. Mother pulled me from the balcony and took me to my room.

"Madhu, you still haven't gotten ready yet? You will honor Rishabh for his achievements. A moment like this requires a princess to be prim and proper."

"I'm sorry, Mother."

"I put your gown on your bed. Get ready soon. The ceremony is about to begin."

I went to my room with one of the maids. She helped me get ready. The gown mother gave me was gorgeous. Complete with matching earrings and a diamond necklace. I did my hair and hurried downstairs. Everyone was seated as I hurried to my place. I couldn't miss this ceremony. It was precious.

The music began to play, signaling the start of the ceremony. My excitement grew as the volume of the music did.

"I welcome you all to this very special ceremony." Father's voice boomed in the room. Everyone grew silent, eager to listen on....

"Today I have organized this gathering to honor a brave and valiant knight. He has always played a major role in protecting my kingdom in times of threat. May I present this medallion of honor to Sir Rishabh Kundra."

The entire room roared in applause, as my knight walked gracefully into the hall. He was wearing a dark blue, embroidered sherwani, with his hand clutching the sword on his waist. Mother coaxed me forward. I came forward as he began to climb the steps onto the podium. I took the medallion off the stand and pinned it onto his sherwani. He then knelt down, took my hand, and kissed it.

"Thank you, princess." He said, then took a bow.

I looked at him briefly before the maid took me away. His dark eyes were full of naughtiness. He didn't seem like that in his face. He smiled, showing off his dimples that made my heart skip a beat every time I saw them. The world paused for a minute, just to let me cherish this moment that I may never get again.

The audience erupted in applause once again, while I stared into my knights eyes. I always wanted to get a glimpse of him everyday, but Father won't allow it. He thinks of it as childlike. But not today. I will meet my knight today for sure.

After the ceremony ended, I went back to my room and changed into a simple, pink gown. I lied down in bed and caressed my hand, the one he kissed. A big smile crept up on my lips. He kissed me for the first time, even if he was showing his manners.

I jumped off the bed and went to the balcony facing the gate to the palace. My eye went to the horse stables, where he was walking to now.

"Now is your chance, Madhu! Go and meet your knight."

I grabbed a newly bloomed rose from the nearby vase and tip toed outside. I finally get to talk to him after such a long time, and hopefully without all the formalities....