Letter #1

Dear Papa, I miss your bright eyes and sweet smile, for I feel God has taken the sunshine, that has brightened our paths way awhile. I pray that God has taken you with him as you sit with him in his Holy land. We miss you here, there's not a day that goes by that I don't think about you. You can call that cheesy, but I call it honesty. I never visited you as often as I'd loved, but I want you to know that I'm okay. Atleast, that's what I tell people. I love you. I miss you. Thank you for being amazing. We all miss you, you were an amazing pastor, though you have left us whilst I was still young, I remember exactly how I'd felt the day I found that you were gone. I remember seeing your casket and how hard it had hit me when I'd finally figured out that I'd never see you again. I remember waking up that morning with Mom telling me that you had passed, how I tried so hard not to cry at your funeral, how I'd touch the wooden box that holds the body of an amazing man that we all miss. We had supported you through everything, and even though the wonders of medical science could not save your life, I know God has your soul. Thank you for being there for me, my parents, my brother, and everyone else when we were in dire need of a smile, for a laugh, and for a good 'ol bonfire. We miss you, Papa.