Mindless Talks FT. ShinAra

It was raining heavily and Shinkai really, really didn’t like it. And to top that of, it was like a blizzard just entered his room, Shinkai felt his toes were going to freeze and fall off in his (once was) nice and cozy room. He’d rather have a nice and sunny weather than receiving this flurry of air! But! Fortunately for him, he had a lot a kotatsu in his room. And believe me, he was more than happy to hide under the thick duvet for the whole day while it was raining outside. But Shinkai felt rather lonely, so, he picked up his phone and dialed a certain number. Shinkai waited for that certain someone to pick up, and he did!

“Huh?” The other answered; his voice had a hint of annoyance. “Yasutomo, who taught you to greet people?” Shinkai chuckled as he grabbed his unlimited amount of favourite choco banana-flavoured powerbar that was on the wooden table, unwrapping it before he snack on it. “Why the hell should I tell you. Cheh. What do you want?” Yasutomo was as grumpy as ever. “I’m alone and lonely, so I called you.” The bunny replied, smiling his little smiles like he always does. Arakita groaned and cussed, “What the heck! Go find Toudou or someone. Do I look like your fucking playmate or something?”

In all of Shinkai’s seriousness, he asked - more like state, actually - ,”You’re not my playmate. You’re my boyfriend, aren’t you?” A little grin tugged on the corner of his lips when he heard Arakita murmured a few incoherent. He then suddenly hung up on Shinkai. The bunny pouted and was most upset about it. You shouldn’t hang up; I still wanted to talk to you. Shinkai dialed his number again, and he picked up again. “What do you want, asshole.” He said, his voice was softer than usual.

"Yasutomo," Shinkai called, "Are you embarrassed?" Yasutomo started to murmur and groan things that Shinkai couldn’t hear or understand. "Yasutomo, stop talking to yourself. Talk to me." Shinkai said. He heard a groan, again. "You’re really the shittiest." Arakita mumbled and Shinkai had to become oh-so dramatic about it.

“Yasutomo, how could you say that? I love you!” He frowned; lower lip jutting out and his voice filled with hurt. “Damn you, Shinkai!” Arakita groaned in embarrassment, he cant handle Shinkai’s ‘I love you’s. There was a pause before Shinkai spoke, “Yasutomo, are you blushing?” Arakita just lets out a groan and hides his blushing face behind his freehand. He bet Shinkai could see his movements when he heard a feint chuckle through the phone.

“I’m not blushing, idiot!” Arakita denied, but they both knew he was. “Are you sure? Have you looked in front of the mirror yet?” Shinkai teased, which led Arakita insane. Arakita really praise himself for being able to deal with the other’s shit. Arakita let out a huff as an answer and Shinkai knew that he wouldn’t admit it. Shinkai decided to stop the small tease since he wouldn’t want to make his beloved boyfriend get anymore frustrated. Hence, he did what any normal person would do. “I was joking, Yasutomo. Don’t get upset, alright?” Shinkai chuckled and heard Arakita cuss a bunch of curse words. Arakita always does that when he’s shy - he does that too when he’s angry -. After a moment of silence to calm down from the bad words, Shinkai chuckled, “You’re really cute, Yasutomo. I really mean it.”

Arakita blushed a bright red. “Whatever; its getting late now, asshole. I’ll see you tomorrow at the usual, kay?” He said, his voice was now much softer. Hmm. Maybe soft-voiced Yasutomo isn’t bad, Shinkai chuckled inwardly. “Hmm. See you tomorrow, Yasutomo.” Shinkai smiled widely. It represented the excitement of meeting Arakita tomorrow. “..Bye, Hayato.” Arakita mumbled. “Hmm. Bye bye, Yasutomo. Oh! And sleep well, okay?” Shinkai made a soft chu sound for Arakita and the other hummed in reply before he hung up.

Shinkai smiled, holding the phone close to his chest. Yasutomo was really indirect with his ‘I love you’s.