Prologue

3rd Person View

The moon rose into the night sky and lit the surface of the clear blue ocean. Fish swam silently in the depths while the waves washed on the shore, dragging bits of sand as it washed back into the ocean. No one was on the beach tonight, which made the waves calm down and make small waves as they washed on the sand and back. A breeze started to pick up in the air, and it peacefully passed by the ocean waves.

A cave sat in the midst of this sceneric place. As the cave gave no sound whatsoever, a stream echoed through the depths of the cave, growing and flowing right into the ocean. Soon, soft noises stifled in the cave. In the depths of the cave, where the stream began, a creature sat on a rock, munching on its snack. Once it was finished, it tossed the remains in a nearby corner of the cave and licked its bloody fingers, as well as the corners of its mouth that were filled with blood. Its long tongue easily succeeded in this task and its lips began to form into a smile so creepy, you wouldn’t dare to look unless you wanted to feel the worst fear possible.

The creature giggled softly. "This choice of meat Anit told me about is quite the taste. The flesh is oh so soft and the blood fills my thirst with the desire for more. It would be a pleasure to get more meat each day, but of course I need to diverse the times I get these tasty humans." Its eyes looked around at its surroundings, taking notice of the stream and gazing into it. Its eyes were filled with white. Not a trace of any other color would be found, as if the creature was being controlled.

Suddenly, its eyes began to take in color. Most of the white went away as a deep shade of blue filled in the area where the center of the eyes would locate. As the last of its pupils filled in with a solid black, the creature noticed a drop of blood on its cheek from its reflection in the stream and gasped.

"Damn it, DAMN IT!" The creature yelled in a whisper while grabbing onto its hair and tugging hard on it, but not enough to pull its hair out. "You had to get so fucking hungry enough to desire for human flesh so much! I knew I shouldn't have listened to Anit about eating humans!" The creature then looked at its reflection in the mirror, taking caution about its appearance and wiped away any blood it saw on its skin. It then straightened out the wrinkles that appeared on its shirt, as well as combing its short, fluffy hair with the tips of its fingers. "Go die in a hole, Anit."

The creature gazed into its reflection more deeply, looking at all the things that made the creature itself. "I think I would be classified as a male, right?" The creature touched its chest lightly. "I doubt female, I don't have those things that Sasha has."

The creature then smiled sadly. "How different I would be as a human, I wonder," it whispered to itself and kept peering into the stream. Soon, the peaceful stream was broken by a drop of water dropping into the stream, causing the water to ripple. More water droplets began to fall afterwards. Saltwater, coming from the creature's eyes. Cries were then followed after.

Once the cries were awoken, everything stopped. No one dared to go check what or who made the cries. In fact, no one heard the cries from the creature. The waves then stopped and was no more. The breeze died down and came to a halt. Even the stars in the night sky stopped twinkling. Mother Nature's sorrow for the creature was enough to stop the whole beach's sceneric view.

"Why me.?"

A/N
(Author's Note)

I decided to change the introduction/prologue a little, my bad! Please enjoy this new version - Chapter 1 will be coming out by next week I hope! Please vote this story and comment what you think about this story so far!

How has your day been going anyhow? Any exciting plans you have during this summer?

- Augustos