Anxiety

Before I get into the actual writing for this, I want to state again that I do not know everything. There is a chance I do have mistakes. If you find any please tell me in the comments! I am in no way able to actually educate anyone on this. If you do have any questions feel free to put them in the comments. I will do my best to answer them. If you can answer any or want to add to my answer feel free! Although you may need to do your own research for an answer. I have not done any personal research about anxiety. Most of my knowledge comes from my friends that have anxiety. With this all said, ennjoy reading my school work.

Many people think that anxiety is nothing more than simple, irrational fears. Anxiety is more than just simole fear.

To begin, there are different tyoes of anxiety. Three of the most known types are general anxiety, social anxiety, and separation anxiety. General anxiety is on going anxiety that interferes with daily tasks. Social anxiety is when social interaction causes immense fear and nervousness. This nervousness is with everyone, not just people you don't know. Separation anxiety is the irrational fear of being separated from someone you care for. This tyoe is normally seen in children and animals.

Secondly, not everyone has the same level of anxiety. Anxiety is directly connected to your performance. This relationship can be expressed using a curve known as the Yerkes-Dodson Curve.

Ideally, you want to be at the top of the curve which is the optimum degree of constructive tension

Ideally, you want to be at the top of the curve which is the optimum degree of constructive tension. People with heightened anxiety are pushed too much to one side. This hinders performance and creates more tension in your body and mind. On the other hand, being pushed to the other side of the curve with very littke anxiety also hinders performance and leaves you too relaxed and care-free. Some people have anxiety that is heightened to the point where it becomes a difficult and debilitating condition. Others have more mangable symptoms.

Lastly, anxiety can be caused by many things. Everyone has some degree of anxiety because it is instilled in us as our protection system, known as fight or flight response. Heightened anxiety levels can be cause by a different mental or physical issue, an anxiety disorder, or unfortunate events in someones life. Anxiety is a common trauma response along side ptsd. For example, social anxiety can be a trauma response for bullying from peers, humiliation, family conflict, or abuse.

Society has made it so that we believe that anxiety is something that can be overcome withing days, but it is far from that. Anxiety is a hard mental illness to manage and not at all what society makes it out to be.