「 𝙷𝚎𝚕𝚙. 」

- ☆ -

"Achoo!" Y/n sneezed as Sasuke closed the door behind her.

"I'm sure Sarada's clothes will fit you."

He went into a room and handed her a light green sweater with white sweatpants to wear.

"Thanks."

"I'll make some tea."

Y/n nodded her head before going to the bathroom.

The clothes were slightly big for her but definitely kept her warm and comfortable.

She changed and left the bathroom before heading to the kitchen where Sasuke was boiling the water.

"Sakura is not here?" Y/n asked.

"She has a night shift at the hospital," He replied as he poured the water into a mug, "Did you have dinner?"

"Oh. I completely forgot about dinner." She put her hand on her chin.

He sighed before asking, "Is egg fine?"

"Huh?"

"I can make you a sunny side up."

"It's fine. I don't want to trouble you-"

"You're not troubling me. I can do it."

Sasuke turned around to hand her the mug but froze.

Y/n no longer had her side parted hair. While she changed, her hair got messed up as she removed and put a shirt on and she didn't even realise.

It was now a middle partition.

It reminded Sasuke too much of his mother and his brother.

"Sasuke! You're about to drop the-" She quickly caught the mug with both her hands, "Are you okay?"

"Yes, I am." He replied.

- ☆ -

He asked Y/n to sit on the couch while he got her a blanket. She slowly sipped the red looking tea as it warmed up her insides.

"Here." he handed her the blanket.

"You don't have to do this, Ya know? You could've just dropped me home," Y/n said as she took another sip.

"I couldn't leave you alone. At least not when you were like that." He had also changed into a black full-sleeved top with matching sweatpants, "Anyway, It's almost two. I think you should sleep."

"I don't sleep..." He looked at her. There was a moment of silence.

"What do you see?" He asked her finally.

"What I see..." Y/n looked down at the tea in thought.

Blood. The tea reminded her of blood.

"People getting massacred. It's been happening for eight years now...but it still feels the same. It feels like I'm there. I know every kill, every cry, every scene...because it's drilled into my head. Sometimes I'm lucky and I see myself when I was five. Even though I felt every kick, every punch, every time they cut me or break my arm...it's still the better of the two," Y/n spoke up. Sasuke looked down but she couldn't make out his expression on his face because of his hair in the way, "Sorry, I spoke too much." She apologised after he didn't say anything.

She reminded him too much of himself.

She was smart, stubborn, ignores her feelings...but sometimes she acted different, unlike him.

But she was still a better version of Sasuke.

If he had stayed, maybe he would've turned out like that.