Thank You, Lonnie

Sunday, June 20.

10:30 p.m.

  Jay paced back and forth worriedly in the waiting room as he was waiting for the news of his wife, Lonnie, who was either about to give birth or already gave birth and recovering in the maternity ward. Jay waited 6 or 7 hours and he just can't help but hear Lonnie's agonizing cries echoing from a distance and he tried to come at her aid but the midwives told him to stay out. Jay became hopeless.

Earlier, some of his friends called and asked about Lonnie, to which Jay told them that he doesn't know yet.

Sighing, Jay stopped pacing like crazy and slumped on a plastic chair, still very anxious and worried about his wife and baby.

To think about it, Jay's life changed when he saw Lonnie the first time he laid eyes on her. He tried to flirt with her when Mal was making some love potion cookies to put naive Ben under a spell. Then, they became acquaintances after Lonnie gets to know him better. Jay even made Lonnie the captain of the ROAR team and she was very grateful. The two became closer as they danced at the Cotillion after Uma crashed the formal event. At one point, Jay thought that he had a crush on the daughter of Mulan and Shang, but they remained close friends. Even though Lonnie and her brother, Lil Shang went back to their hometown to play professionally, Lonnie still manages to call Jay almost every 2 or 3 days when she had the time. It wasn't long before the two started dating, fell in love and then marry.

And now, their lives were going to change forever at this moment.

Jay snapped out his thoughts as his ears perked up on a sound of footsteps approaching his way. He looked up and saw the midwife stood over him with a smile plastered on her face. That smile was telling Jay something good happened.

"Jay," the midwife said and Jay quickly got up from his chair as he rubbed his sweaty palms on the sides of his pants.

"N-nurse," Jay stammered anxiously, " is everything alright with Lonnie and the baby?"

The midwife studied Jay's face for a moment and chuckled softly. After all, it's normal for new fathers to act this way.

"Yes Jay, Lonnie had just given birth and she and the baby are doing well. She wanted to see you," the midwife explained.

Hearing this made Jay sighed in relief and grinned like a clown.

With that said, the midwife told Jay to follow her to Lonnie's room and he complied. Once they arrived at the door, Jay prepared himself to meet his wife and newborn baby as felt his heart beating faster than usual and the top of his ears were getting warm. Jay held onto the knob and slightly turned it to open the door. As he opened the door and entered the room, Jay saw his exhausted but beautiful wife sitting up in her hospital bed holding a small bundle wrapped up in a cream blanket. Lonnie looked up from her baby to her husband with a cheerful smile.