[ getting ready for the first day back ]

[ mikan's POV ]

it's 5 AM, and today is the first day i'll be returning to hope's peak academy from summer break, an academy for ultimate students selected by the headmaster himself. i'm the ultimate nurse, and honestly, i'm not looking forward to going back. i'm afraid i'll get made fun of even more than last year, but for now, i need to focus on getting ready. i quickly turn off my alarm and, as quietly as possible, i get out of bed.

after putting my uniform on, i crack my door open, and tip-toe my way over to the bathroom. downstairs, i hear my father's loud snoring. he's asleep on the couch, and i have to assume he's hung over from last night. i silently shut the door to the bathroom and turn the light on before looking in the mirror and immediately starting to tear up. i wish i wasn't so ugly. i hate my slutty body, weird, uneven hair, and my stupid scars. with tears running down my cheeks, i take my bandages out from under the sink and start to wrap them around the scars and bruises scattered across my body.

[ ibuki's POV ]

i hear loud guitar blasting from my phone. that's my alarm! it's 6 already! today is ibuki's first day at hopes peak academy and she's so excited!! ibuki was scouted as the ultimate musician by the school just a few weeks ago. i'm transferring from my super boring old school to this (hopefully) super not boring new school. i throw my blankets aside and skip over to my closet and put my super boring uniform on, then slip on my super boring shoes. it's whatever, at least ibuki'll be able to make friends!

i skip on over to the door and open it, then skip on over to my kitchen where i decide to make toast with strawberry jam. after preparing my breakfast, i quickly eat it and walk out of the door, humming as i make my way to this new school.

[ mikan's POV]

after i finish my attempt at fixing my appearance, i make my way downstairs to make breakfast. of course, being me, i trip on practically nothing and tumble all the way down the stairs with a loud thud. uh oh. usually my dad is dead asleep when he's hungover, but i hear the couch creak as he gets up.
"tsumiki!"
he yells. my eyes well up at the thoughts of what he's going to do, so without thinking, i run over to the door and leave, running away as fast as i can without falling.