ONE SHOT

At MDZS Academy, the committee meeting for the upcoming school festival was in full swing. Lan Xichen, the school committee president, led the discussion, seeking fresh ideas.

"How about a talent contest?" Sizhui, a Junior High third-year student and treasurer, suggested.

"That's rather ordinary," commented one committee member.

Xiao Xingchen, the auditor, defended the idea. "We've had a talent contest every year, and it's always been well-received."

"But isn't it getting repetitive? People might be getting tired of it," argued another member.

Vice President Nie Mingjue pondered for a moment. "I have to agree; it's becoming a bit dull," he admitted.

"See, even the vice president thinks so," chimed in others.

Lan Xichen nodded, looking for alternative suggestions. "If that's the case, what do you propose?"

Jing Yi, the class representative of Junior High third-year class 2, suddenly had an idea. "Why not spice it up a bit with a drag contest? Separate categories for boys dressing as girls and girls dressing as boys."

"You always come up with the craziest ideas," remarked Jin Ling, the Junior High third-year class 1 representative, rolling his eyes.

Jing Yi shot Jin Ling a defiant look. "As if the young master has any better ideas."

Jin Ling clenched his fist, ready to retort, but before he could, Lan Xichen interjected, surprising everyone. "That's actually a great idea."

He couldn't help but imagine Jiang Cheng in a maid outfit, and his cheeks flushed at the thought. Quickly, he shook his head to clear his mind. However, deep down, he secretly wanted to see Jiang Cheng cross-dressing and participating in the contest.

Jing Yi grinned in triumph, casting a smug look at Jin Ling, who simply rolled his eyes and sat back, clicking his tongue in annoyance.

"Any more ideas?" Xichen inquired.

No one had any additional suggestions, so Xichen decided it was time to vote. "Let's put it to a vote. Who's in favor of the drag contest? Raise your hands."

The majority of committee members raised their hands, except for Lan Zhan, who sat there with his usual impassive expression.

Lan Xichen was taken aback. "Wangji, you're the only one who didn't raise your hand. Why?"

Lan Zhan, the committee secretary, looked at him without emotion and simply said, "Shameless."

Everyone was surprised by his answer, their eyes widening in disbelief.

Xichen smiled at him, trying to understand his brother's point of view. "Could you explain why you disagree with the decision?"

"Shameless," Lan Zhan repeated.

Their jaws dropped in bafflement.

"We won't understand unless you tell us, Wangji," Xichen urged.

"School festivals are a waste of time. We should be studying," Lan Zhan replied, pursing his lips.

Once again, their jaws dropped. "School festivals are meant to help students relax, Wangji. Don't be so stern," Nie Mingjue chuckled.

"Still a waste of time," Lan Zhan maintained, his resistance to non-academic activities apparent.

Xichen sighed, resigned to his brother's unwavering stance. "We respect your opinion, Wangji, but everyone needs a break from studying once in a while," he said, attempting to persuade him.