A Preface, to Ease You in

It was a lovely day, not much to do except enjoy the quiet and easy breeze. Open up a couple of windows to let it in, get a cross breeze going to really enjoy the feeling.

This is what Jackie did. He opened the windows and let the curtains stay open. The air was perfect and so was the schedule. Jackie had a free day! Well.. free day if you counted his day job.

Jackie, aka Jackieboyman. A vigilante that scours the city at night and prevents crimes skillfully. Always a pleasant sight and sound if you were to run into a conversation with the vigilante.

Unless of course you're a villain or criminal. That's not so pleasant.

The resting hero hangs out in the kitchen, setting himself up with a turkey sandwich and chips.

The front door opens and enters the good doctor.

"Hey there doc!"  Jackie calls to him, finishing up his sandwich. He turns to face him, a wide grin on his face. The hero is, most of the time, a very happy person.

The doctor puts his coat on the hanger before looking at Jackie, he smiles slightly and waves. "Hello, Jackie."

"How was work?"

Henrik sighs and heads to the kitchen. Causing Jackie to chuckle.

"That bad huh?" He stays in the area with him, watching Henrik get to the coffee machine. The doctor huffs.

"Mothers are the vorst."  He groans, rubbing the side of his head.

"Had a sick kid with a sprained ankle come in and zhe mother had the gall to say that he wasn't sick, just," Henrik puts on his horrible mother impression. "Faking to make the ankle seem worse." 

He rolls his eyes and cannot wait much longer for the much needed drink of coffee. Jackie whistles.

"Hoo.. that sounds rough."  He takes a bite out of his sandwich, watching the doctor impatiently wait for coffee.

"It was unbearable, almost left right then and there."  Finally, the coffee is ready and Henrik takes a sip- not even perturbed by the searing heat.

"Well,"  Jackie comes close, getting in his line of sight. "You made it through, and you helped people today."  He smiles.

"Hm.. You're right. Thank you."  He nods and smiles back.

----------------

The two enjoy the rest of the day, sipping their drinks and enjoying nice and simple food. The tv got put on at some point, giving the two entertainment.

No one felt the shift in the air, or the crawling under the carpet.

No one will see until it is too late.