Chapter 1

The Oletus Manor. Quite large and well... certainly decorated to some extent. The exterior of the place was generally thrilling, whether it was on purpose or accident you didn't know. This was the place where the letter said to go, it had to be. There was no other place to go, not that you could see at least. You shoved your body through the gate, there was a decently sized crack but even still it felt weird "breaking in" to a building you were invited to. Walking up to the grand entrance, you couldn't help but feel intimidated.
         You stood at the door, ready for anything really, and knocked. A brunette man answered. He seemed to have an injured eye, along with a sharp fang-like tooth poking out of his mouth.
         "Ciao!" The man said in a smooth yet friendly tone, "Welcome to the Oletus Manor!" He stepped back to allow you to enter. How strange... He didn't even hesitate.
         "I'm Luca Balsa. Renowned inventor... il genio!" He spoke with pride, unashamed to list his title. He smiled at you. "You're going to  want to know what's been going on around here."
          After maybe 60 minutes of explaining you learned the basics of everything. The game you came to win was... very different from what you pictured. Not to mention your housemates didn't all seem to be... good. Most of them weren't even friends for that matter. But it was alright... Luca seemed to be kind enough.
         "So... Where are the others?" You asked, part of you already knew what he'd tell you, but you didn't mind hearing his voice.
         "Most of them are matching. Some are sleeping.. eating... and other than that I'd assume they're talking." While talking he moved his posture to think for a moment, and you somehow just noticed the shackle around his neck.
         "Would you mind if I asked you something about your... outfit, Luca?" You spoke, looking at his striped shirt. A convict? Maybe he escaped prison and ran here? Luca balsa the criminal?
           He looked at you and chuckled."Mio! You're quite the curious type. I don't even know your name." His gaze stayed fixed on you, expecting you to follow his statement with your name.
            "I'm y/n." You smiled and looked down, "Sorry, it slipped my mind."
            "It's alright, y/n." The way he said your name made you forget everything for a moment. His voice was so smooth and lovely, he'd made your name sound delightful. "As for my outfit... I went to prison," He looked around and put a hand on the back of his neck," as for why.. I .. er... can't remember... There was an accident and now my... ah... my memory hasn't been the same since." He sounded sad, reminiscent almost. "Ah y/n! Before you even begin to assume. I'm still a genius, I promise. Just with a bit more... spark!"
        You laughed at him. "You're funny, Luca." You shot him a smile. Luca... What an interesting person. You thought about what he said and began to wonder about his past. But, if even he didn't know it then I guess you'd never know.