only a matter of time

*beep beep*

  What’s the time… 

 She rolled over and looked at her alarm clock. It was five in the mourning. She pushed the STOP button and jumped out of her bed.

 She yawned,then rubbed her eyes and walked to the bathroom and took a shower.

As she brushed her teeth, she scrolled through her spotify playlist.

Let’s see…

Are You Lost - Park Bird

She tapped on it and plugged in her earbuds.

As she buttoned up her gray vest she rushed to the table and gulped down a smoothie and a cream cheese bagel.

After she locked the doors, the bus started loading in kids at six. She took her bike from the garage and headed to school.

15 minutes later she reached the park and chained her bike up.

Ivy!” a boy waved.

She raised her hand. 

Coming!”

She raced over next to him and started walking to school.

                ivy

I catched up to Trey. “Let me guess, you stayed up last night studying for the mid-term exams,” Trey asked. 

Yup.”

He rolled his eyes. “You spend like most of your days looking that stupid textbook, You should atleast be alive you know..”

I laughed. “Don’t worry, I’m taking a break this week“.

FINALLY!!!” He gasped and  released his  frustration.

I laughed

Trey never liked studying, but I don’t blame him, his parents force to study with an old math tutor who licks the page to turn it.

 I still can't believe we've been best friends for over nine years, but I guess the best friendships start by handing over a milkshake.

People always tell us that best friends end up falling in love one way or the other, but I don’t think that’s true,

because I have trust.

class               

I head to Mrs.BlackSmiths’s class. While I’m walking, everyone else is hurrying so they make it before the bell, or she might yell at them.

I have a different case though.

 Mrs.Blacksmith is nice to me, probably because my grades are good, or “excelled” as Smith would say.

She’s actually a  decent teacher,

well if you’re an A student that is.

I walked into the class about 15 seconds late.

YOU NEVER WALK IN LATE NO MATTER WHAT CIRCUMSTANCE IT IS REZA, YOU D MINUS SCUMBAG!

She turned around.

Oh Delilah you’re here!”

My full name is Delilah Ivy Hart. I really don’t like it when people call me Delilah, but I’m stuck with it, it is my first name after all.

“Sorry I walked in a little late I-”

“Oh it’s fine, it’s not a big deal,” She said with a smile then turned to the chalkboard.

Ray gave me a dirty look, gave a pissed stare at the teacher, then murmurmed “teacher’s pet”.

I didn’t really care though, I was used to Ray’s common rages.

After two long hours, the bell rang. Everyone rushed out of class, gasping for air. 

The hallways were super crowded as usual, so I had to push my way to get to the lockers. 

I neatly put my books away, then my phone chimed. 

I picked it up, it was a text from Trey.

“Can you meet me in the yard at the Dragon Tree?”

I unlocked my phone and texted back 
“got it, be there in 5 [minutes]”

I closed my locker shut and headed to the yard.

            trey

I fidgeted with my rings.

“What if she hates me after this?”

I mean it never too late to change your mind, rig-”

I saw Ivy skipping over in the distance.

Damn it.”

She waved over as she got closer.

I nervously grinned and waved back, more anxious than ever.

There’s no turning back now.

                ivy

I skipped over to the tree and waved to Trey. As he motioned back, I slowed down a little then got to the tree.

I sat down on the grass and reached for my backpack. I grabbed a gumdrop splash and a funky nut blast for Trey. I sucked on my loli and tossed the loli over.

He grabbed it and licked it slowly.

Wonder what's going on with that wild goose.

“So uhm,”

“Yea?”

“I- I- I- uh...”

For the first time an awkward silence occured.

then he all of a sudden got up and stammered.

I- I L!KE YOU OK!?”

What a silly question.

“Uhm, I like you too, duh. We’ve been best friends for years I don’t know why you would ask unless-”

Then it hit me.

He looked down.

“I- I- gotta go-”

I got up and started walking away.

“Wait! Please! I wasn’t done talking!”

But I couldn’t hear him  after “wait”,

because I was running away.

thank you for reading  the first chapter of 'are you lost' !  this chapter is probaly nowhere near how many words you probaly get in a chapter, but I'll try to upload chapter often to make up lol.

note: the next chapter is SHORT  but the chapter afterwards is a lot longer lol.