• Papa Virk's Secret Hobby •

It was no secret that Punjab's MLA Khushbeer Singh Virk, adored and respected his daughter-in-law Tejo as if she were his own daughter. Even his own children including Tejo's husband Fateh would feel jealous sometimes. While his younger siblings Amrik and Mahi would have fun at his expense, finally letting him know how they suffered when he was the only one their father praised.

His adoration for her became only more obvious when he literally drank the herbal juice regularly, instead of morning tea just because his dear daughter-in-law made it. For matters that made him feel conflicted, he would share those concerns with her while they both did gardening in the morning, their daily routine, which was hardly missed. Earlier the time where he used to immediately leave early for work or attend calls was now strictly reserved for their gardening and herbal juice talks. No one complained since the change was welcomed by each of the Virk. They too benefited after all. The domineering on the outside but soft on the inside Khushbeer Singh Virk was slowly changing unknown to himself. He had begun to show his soft side outwardly as well. The others could only be happier for this change.

Even Amrik who till last week was all for Tejo ji to leave the Virks house to clear the way for his Jasmine bhabhi to enter as the daughter in law of Virks now decided that Jasmine and Fateh can still become one but he surely needs Tejo ji to stay in the house so she can speak up for his interest in Fine Arts instead of academics. God also knew his struggle and he had definitely sent Tejo ji as the angel for him even though he didn't really treat this angel as well before. To even keep her mental peace he could convince Fateh veer and Jasmine bhabhi to stay in the guesthouse so that Tejo ji continues to stay here and safeguard his dreams.

While Amrik was lost in his thoughts, he burnt his hand pouring hot coffee on his hand instead of the coffee mug.

"Tss!"

"Amrik!" Tejo yelled. "Where are you lost! Come here, and put your hand in this." She had immediately placed his hand in the bowl filled with ice water.

"Tejo ji! What happened?"
Fateh came looking worried.

"I am fine Fateh. Amrik burnt his hand."

"Veerji, aap toh upar exercise kar rahe the na? Aapko inki avaaj kaise sunai di?" (Bro, weren't you exercising upstairs? How did you hear this noise?) Mahi had somewhere in all this also come in the kitchen.

Fateh cursed Mahi in his mind glaring at her for putting him on the spot. Obviously, he wasn't exercising as everyone thought. He had been exercising earlier but after a while came down to ogle his wife secretly like he had been doing for a week now. His siblings knew, only his wife was unaware of the progress in his "moving on" plan.

"Mujhe pata hai Mahi. Fateh ka protein shake lene ka time ho gaya hai na. Isliye aaya hoga." (I know Mahi. It's time for him to have his protein shake. He must have come for that.) Tejo smiled at him.

As usual, Tejo had saved him unknown to her. The youngest duo of Virks rolled their eyes, although for different reasons. Amrik was irritated that the smart and intelligent Tejo ji was so oblivious to plots being planned behind her back. Mahi smiled at the cuteness of their moment.

"Vaise Mahi, tum kaise yahaan! Tum toh Assignment kar rahi thi na?" (Mahi you were working on your assignment right? What happened) Tejo asked. Mahi was a sincere girl in terms of studying. And Tejo had been helping her as well as Amrik with their queries even if some subjects were not her forte. But she would read up on those topics so that she could explain things to them.

"Bhabhi there's another update to the fanfiction I was talking to you all about," Mahi replied.

Following Fateh's victory in Boxing Match, the story of Tejo's encouragement during the last round being the reason behind his victory had made them both even more popular as a couple. Many people who were fans of Fateh had begun to follow Tejo as well on social media as much as they could, owing to her Instagram account being private. They also had their own fan pages being made giving the pair their couple name as FaTejo. Them not being too showy on social media had sparked the fans' interest even more tagging them as #couplegoals. This fandom didn't stop there. People started writing fanfictions on both of them from their own perspectives. Of course, Mahi a true Fatejo shipper read all of the fanfictions regularly and sometimes shared Fatejo's pictures on social media which would be a treat to other Fatejo fans and make Jasmine jealous. But one fanfiction, in particular, caught her interest.

"Bhabhi voh maine kahan tha na. Yeh fanfiction mein vahi likha hai jo humare ghar par ho raha hai. Dekho, abhi ji chapter update hua hai usmein parso ki baat likhi hai. Voh chai Fatehveer ke shirt par girna aur Tejo bhabhi ka use saaf karna aur unka eyelock moment." (Bhabhi I told you na! This fanfiction has those incidents which are really occurring in our house. Like, the day before yesterday, Fateh bro got tea spilled on his shirt and you cleaned it and the eye lock moment you shared.)

The couple was too embarrassed hearing her words, getting reminded of the moments they shared.

But Amrik snorted, "You have gone crazy! It must be just a coincidence. How can this writer know what's happening in our house and all?"

"But look at all the chapters. Right from Fatehveer's boxing match, to Tejo Bhabhi's encouragement, to him dropping her at college, helping her for the drama, and now this tea spilling incident, everything is the exact depiction of what happened." Mahi was convinced that someone was keeping an eye on them.

"Yeh kya chal raha hai?" (What's all this ruckus about?) Khushbeer entered.

As usual, everyone went silent. But considering the changes occurring in his demeanor recently, Mahi overcame her fear and excitedly shared the new development of how she came across this fanfiction and its content resembling their real lives.

Khushbeer read it, deep in thought. "Its writing is okay I guess. Vocabulary is a bit off though. This word should have been somehow else." His forehead creased.

Mahi sighed. Leave it to her Papaji to point out mistakes in the content forgetting all the points for this. But he was right. So she told him the word for it. Khushbeer replied, "With such messy vocabulary how are people responding so well when there are other fanfictions with much better writing?"
It was hard to decipher his exact emotion in this question.

"Papaji it is all about feelings. Although the words are messed up, it can be seen that the English language is not the writer's forte but they are trying to learn considering the vocabulary has improved over the progress of the story. Besides, the readers can still get the essence of the story inspite of this issue because the writer can connect with the readers' feelings, as of knowing exactly when to say what piquing the readers' curiosity."

"Mahi, in sab ke chakkar mein padhai mat bhulna". (Mahi, I hope these things are not distracting you from your studies.)

Mahi assured him immediately that her studies were still going on as usual.

"Hmmm... Tejo puttar, please bring my herbal juice in a while. I don't have time for the morning walk today. So I will just drink it before leaving for my meeting." He smiled at her and left.
--------------------------------------------
Here, Mahi got another Wattpad notification about that fanfiction being updated. The word she had discussed with her Father a while before had been now corrected in this chapter. She smiled, happy at the progress the writer was making. She wrote the comment, acknowledging the progress the writer made.
--------------------------------------------
Khushbeer smiled proudly reading his daughter's comment. This is why they said, daughters are their fathers' princesses, close to their heart like no one else. Another word learned still counted as progress. His daughter had praised him. That was enough for him to continue. "Virks don't give up after all. One day, my fanfiction will be the best."
--------------------------------------------
I hope you liked this twist. This collection of one-shots will be exploring the Virk family dynamics in different perspectives and alternate universes. Hope you all liked it!

Do let me know your thoughts through votes and comments!😁

I also need someone to make a cover for this Oneshots collection. If anyone is interested please DM me. The designer will get their due credit.

Published on 27th June, 2021