5. | madeline

c h a p t e r  f i v e

-

F A N T A S Y

Friday 2nd May

Friday 2nd May

I have no clue where we're going but I'm sure as hell hoping he's not kidnapping me. I think. He doesn't seem like the kidnapping type anyways, I think.

For all I know, we're going somewhere on the outskirts of New York, towards the other states.

The trees that surround us, zoom past as we drive down the highway.

The music in the background, silenced a bit as we had started talking about random stuff during the journey.

I found out that his middle names were Jett-Anson, claiming that his mother gave him those middle names as his grandfather had suggested them when he was drunk one night during his mother's pregnancy. To say, it's a great life story to tell everyone.

His favourite colours are balck and grey, he got this car because as a kid he imagined it to look like this all his life, and he had taken over the company after his grandfather's death as his father had claimed that three kids were enough, he wouldn't want to also be the CEO of a high-popular architectural firm.

Seeming as Carson was young, twenty-four years old, he was fit enough to take over the company, a bachelor degree in architecture and business, pretty high grades also.

"I noticed your accent, by the way", he trails me out of my thoughts, "British?"

I nod proudly, "How come you moved here?"

"Well, Mr Springer had offered my dad a job here but my dad had his own job back at home so he handed the offer to me", I explain, "mr Springer and my dad are like bestfriends, they went college together so they are pretty close,same as me and Mr Springer",

"I was in Harvard at the time so I worked from there for my last two years of college and then moved to New York right after graduating. Fortunately, Mr Springer had paid for all the expenses of the travel and paid for my rent of my apartment for a year until I was stable", I grinned as he nodded, eyebrows raised.

"Sweet guy", he says and I nod, "he's practically my uncle but non blood-line, you know?" he nods and I sigh, catching my breath from all my speaking.

We turn left, driving up an abandoned road that leads to a huge hill. I can't see anything behind the hill because, well obviously the hill is in the way.

Carson parks on the grass, turning off the engine and exiting the car. I sit there, wondering whether I should follow him or not.

I finally give in, stepping out of the car and walking over to where he's standing, at the top of the hill, hands resting on his hips and looking out at the view.