~ Chapter 1 ~

Trudging through the flooded forest ground, deep shades of green and grey loomed over yours, and the rest of the scouts heads as you all jogged steadily, deeper into the trees.

It was part of your training, weekly, no matter the weather you were all made to jog long distance through the large forest near the scouting base, of course it wasn't as easy as that, you each had large backpacks full of heavy equipment in order to build strength as-well as stamina

The rain poured harder, huge droplets bouncing off of your cloaked head, sliding down your back, you were completely soaked, clothes sticking to you in an uncomfortable way and unable to differentiate the water running down your cheeks to sweat. Groans could be heard a few paces behind you, most like either Connie or Sasha, the inseparable pair, but also your close friends. You'd normally jog with them so you could chat but Connie persistently tried to trip you up, until you smacked him up the back of the head and ran away, hence why your in front of them.

After laughing to yourself about the event from 10 minutes ago you refocused, watching your step as it was a particularly muddy area you had to travel through. You tread carefully, yet your cleanly polished boots still became caked in mud regardless. More complaints could be heard from scouts up ahead as the rain poured harder and the mud splattered up onto the white bottoms they wore, "great" you muttered to yourself, "more laundry" you carried in as best your could, taking a long sigh, seeing you were nearing the edge of the forest, meaning you'd be back at the base soon enough to shower.

You finally reached the end of the forest, pacing yourself so your jogging became a slow walk, glad it was finally over. You felt a sharp pain in the back of your head, swiftly turning around to see who it was... Connie.. you sighed again and laughed as he was giggling like a little boy

"That's for earlier y/n" he said with a playful smirk and a wink

You giggled at him and shook your head

"Yeah alright, but you've got more coming" you laughed as he playfully coward under your fake glare.

Sasha then caught up with you guys bringing along Jean. You greeted the two, giving Jean a small nod, he has become closer to you three since losing Marco. His death hit the scouts hard. So you formed a strong bond between the four of you, vowing to look out for each other until the end.

You guys were laughing about something until you saw Eren, Mikasa and Armin. Eren looked as though he was about to collapse, although he is constantly being told by Levi to stop going with such full force at everything, needing to steady himself, but, not to his avail, he never listens and ends up in the state he's in now. As for the other two of the trio, Mikasa was supposedly "helping" Armin along as he'd sprained his ankle, although she was doing a better job of almost carrying him, the little blonde seemed to be like a rag doll in Mikasa's strong grip.

You watched silently as the trio departed, grabbing Sasha's hand and leading you both off to the girls barracks, to finally shower and sleep. For some reason, you could feel tomorrow was going to be long...

Thank you for reading the first chapter! I hope you enjoyed <33