Prologue : The Kims

The room was enveloped in silence as they exchanged furtive glances around the expansive round table. Gathered around the large, round table, they exchanged wary glances- some cloaked in dark garments, while others opted for more casual attire. It was clear that the topic of their discussion was of great importance.

"Minseol's leader has been testing my patience lately," remarked the blonde-haired man, arms crossed defiantly. He propped his feet on the table, drawing disapproving glares from the elders seated around him.

"That is not how a leader should sit, Jongseong," one elder scolded.

Jay, the blonde, furrowed his brows, locking his intense gaze onto the elder with an unsettling focus. A low, dark chuckle escaped his lips, his eyes shimmering with a menacing red glow. Slowly, he lowered his legs and leaned forward, pressing his hands firmly against the table.

"Did I ask for your opinion, Elder Jung?"

His words sliced through the air, causing the elder to tense up noticeably. Jay clicked his tongue, frustration clear in every gesture as he leaned back.

"Regardless, we need to find Minseol's true heir and eliminate him at once," he declared.

The elders began to murmur among themselves. Although Jay couldn't discern their words, he could feel their judgment, perceiving him as unhinged.

"But Yeonjun killed their heir, didn't he? Right, Yeonjun?"

Elder Jeon interjected. The blonde man sighed, glancing at the scarlet-haired male beside him. Yeonjun was glaring fiercely at Elder Jeon, his anger and sense of betrayal simmering just beneath the surface.

"That's nonsense," he muttered. Jay chuckled again, redirecting his attention to Elder Jeon, who looked bewildered.

"Yeonjun killed the decoy, not the real heir," a voice clarified. Everyone turned to see a black-haired man leaning against the wall, arms crossed. Yeonjun grunted in frustration.

"Beomgyu is correct. Yeonjun killed the decoy, not the true heir. Should I send both Choi brothers to finish the job?"

"But he's in the human world. How can we find him if we can't even endure the sun for more than an hour? Besides, he's probably dead by now."

"Elder Shin, you really have a small brain, don't you?" Jay shot back.

He stood up and began pacing around the table, his irritation palpable. He stopped behind Elder Shin's chair, his eyes glowing red as if he were stalking prey. Wrapping his right arm around Elder Shin, he felt the elder shudder at his cold touch. Jay leaned in closer, whispering in his ear. Jay tightened his grip around Elder Shin's throat, initially gently, but then with increasing pressure as he relished the sight of the elder struggling to break free.

"Beomgyu and Yeonjun are the last heirs of the Choi family. The Chois', they possess remarkable abilities such as shapeshifting, flight, and immunity to sunlight. While we, the vampires of Weolhwa, can thrive on regular human blood, the vampires of Minseol take a different route; they consume blood infused with drugs, significantly enhancing their strength to dangerous levels. Ingesting this tainted blood, even from other vampires, increases their power-  eventually driving them to insanity."

Jay continued, "If they drink corrupted blood, they will grow stronger, ultimately losing their minds and killing everyone around them... including their own family."

With a sickening crack, Elder Shin's body went limp, his life snuffed out in an instant. Elder Jeon leaped to his feet, slamming his hands on the table in a fit of fury.

"This is madness, Jongseong!" he shouted, pointing an accusatory finger at the blonde.

Jay merely chuckled, wiping his hands on the tablecloth with a look of pure disdain. "Madness? Is it madness that I took his life?" he taunted.

Elder Jeon opened his mouth to retort, but a firm hand on his shoulder stopped him. He turned to see Beomgyu, shaking his head slowly. Frustrated, Elder Jeon sank back into his chair. Jay's eyes glinted as he addressed Beomgyu and Yeonjun.

"Both of you will leave Weolhwa and search for the true heir of the Kim family," Jay commanded, reclaiming his seat and propping his feet back on the table.

"In other words..." he paused, a wicked grin spreading across his face as Beomgyu settled next to Yeonjun. "...you're heading to the human world."