「 𝙷𝚎𝚛 𝚎𝚢𝚎𝚜. 」

- ☆ -

His mere presence made Y/n want to run away.
His eyes burned deep into her soul as if he could read her like a book.

"Leave," Itachi ordered.

Y/n tried to stay unfazed as possible.
It was her Uncle. She had to keep her emotions and expressions in check so she didn't give him any answer.

"Uchiha Itachi," Y/n whispered.

"Do you want to die?"

"No," Y/n matched his tone.

"Then leave." The lesser people she met, the better.

She turned around, heading for the village when a voice stopped her, "Wait."

In an instant, she felt his presence behind her before feeling metal against her throat.

"I was leaving, just like you asked me to." She started.

"What's your name?"

"How's that relevant?"

"Just answer."

"Y/n."

"Okay, Y/n. Why are you using Genjutsu on your back?"

Y/n tensed up at that. She could deceive everyone, including Sasuke, but they weren't lying when they said Itachi is best at genjutsu.

"My Sensei asked me to see how long I can keep the Genjutsu on." She replied, despite knowing the lie would not work.

"Really? Then who's your Sensei?"

"I'm not from this village."

"Is that so?" The kunai dug further into her skin, "The Sharingan...can also tell if you're lying or not."

Y/n tried to stay calm as blood trickled down her neck.

He stood in front of her and looked her straight in the eye. He then slashed her throat in a swift motion before falling to the ground in pain.

"You should've told me the truth." He said, looking down at her with those red eyes.

The next second she stopped moving and stood up, shocking him, "That level of Genjutsu doesn't work on me." She made a hand sign, "Release."

"I'm impressed." He was genuinely shocked but didn't show it much, "You're the first one to break my Genjutsu."

"Good to know. I'm going to leave now." She walked past him.

"For an Uzumaki, you don't have much chakra. You also don't look like one." He spoke again.

"I was adopted by them." She stopped and replied, but he didn't look convinced.

"Yes, the Uzumaki clan can break Genjutsu because of the amount of chakra they have. Even if you were raised by them doesn't necessarily mean you can too. Detecting a genjutsu too..."

She had to get away from him somehow.

"Katon: Gokakyo no jutsu!" Y/n formed the hand signs and attacked.

He made his own fireball jutsu and they soon eliminated each other.

Deep down she knew it was useless but she still used that as a distraction to run away.

Within a second he teleported in front of her.

"It's no use running away."

"I won't notify the village that you're here for Naruto. Can I leave now?" She declared.