prologue.

• Dedicated to that person that just is really good looking on the streets but you never meet t

"Fuck all that crap," I murmur in disgust.

"You got some vocabulary there," someone comments, sitting down next to me on a wooden bench. (deep bass voice, maybe gone through puberty really well?) 

I look over and see it is a boy. a cute one, to say.

He stretches his limbs and smiles at me. The sun glistens down on his auburnish hair, radiating a somewhat charming aura. 

We were watching a baseball game outside of the fence, and the players were obviously cheating. The referee also doesn't notice. How suspicious. 

"I know. It's so stupid. How could they not notice the spitball?" the boy shifts a little and continues, "you got quite the eye."

I laugh, just enough so he could hear it through the holler of the wind. "Yep."

 What I didn't expect next was a couple of girls, probably the same age as me, bounce over to where me and the suspicious boy were sitting.

"You seem cute. I saw you in the halls one day, and you seemed like the most best boy ever," one of the three girls chirp. One twists her hair around her finger so much I felt like she could've lost blood circulation.

I could hear the boy chuckle as I look straight ahead at the game. Another cheater, huh. A player had just cast another shine ball, causing the ball to alter in it's velocity. 

Desperate, the girls continue.. "Well, me and my girlfriends' were thinking we could get together at a karaoke? Maybe get together?

The boy laughs again. This time the tone was different, as if it were mocking the girls. "Honestly, how could you get with a guy you just met? Also, it's 'my girlfriends' and I,' not 'me and my girlfriends'." He ends with an emphasis on his words, just so he could distinguish his message distinctly. 

"Gosh, you don't have to be so mean," another girl whimpers, "everyone makes mistakes."

"Gosh, maybe you can learn with those mistakes next time, yeah? So come back to me one day once you've known me better, and I could maybe say yes to your offer, too." I'm still looking out at the diamond field, but I could tell he is smirking. I lean down and rest my elbows on my knees, trying to concentrate on the game but damn, this conversation is getting heated.

"I thought you were better than this," the girl with her hair tied around her index finger whines. I start to make a cavitiy in the sand with my foot to distract myself from saying something. 

"i sincerely apologize on my actions," marvels the boy. One of the girls then try to step closer to the boy and starts to say something.

"You can stop now."

Oh no.

Oh, no.

I just wanted to be quiet this once.

Their eyes were all on me now. Well, guess I have to say something again.

"You can stop now. I mean, the boy said no. So it's no. I'm sorry to break it to ya." I peer up at the three with fierce eyes. (well, at least i tried to look fierce)

"P-Please. Why? Why is everyone so mean?" the girl in the middle, wearing lightwashed jeans and jean jacket covering her white top, wails. Come on, not now. People will notice.

"Hey, hey. I'll buy you something, okay? Just don't cry, please. I don't like making other people cry their insides out," the boy explains, standing up. A waft of cinnamon drifts through the air as he moves. 

And then he shoos them away with some awkward power called 'convincing.'

It was my turn to laugh. "Harsh."

"Hey, you were pretty barbarous, too. But have you ever gotten I don't know, confessed to like that everyday? I guess I will have to give up being an endearing man," the boy gushes. I roll my eyes.

"I doubt you even are one."

"My name is Kieran, by the way," the boy continues, completely ignoring my comment.

I hesitate. Should I tell this handsome boy with daring brown eyes my name? Probably not. Probably yes. Ehh.

"My name is Mia, not short for anything at all," I give in to my last instinct. 

"Mia," Kieran says, as if my name were hard to say.

"Kieran," I roll off my tongue, "Nice."

The thing is, I never knew how important this little 15-minute chat/argument would be. And everything is like a pillow. You first start out with little fragments of feathers, and then you grow until all the feathers are all compact. Then, there is that thing. That thing called a pillow case. In my case, (see what I did there) it is this stupid thing called love. Love is wierd. I don't like it. It's so annoying. Yet, love is such a heart-racing adventure you wouldn't know what to do without it. That's what I hate about the noun. You don't know what to do without it.

a/n: this is more like a small chapter but i like prologues so much that i needed to add one. it was just i didn't know how to write one. //laughs out loud

but yes, i don't know how frequently i will be writing. because this prologue itself took a long time. so please await the next chapter with patience. anime and kpop and one direction are probably most of the reasons. thank you for understanding. there are those fandoms that are just there and you don't know what to do about them.

also!  you may be thinking why does this girl not have a cover? well, it's because i'm currently working on it and yes, i know that that is not really organized, but i dont care lol. 

i had something else to say but i forgot so

okay yeah i'm talking a lot okay bye. and please enjoy . . . urban prince.