Chapter Four, two weeks later

Ever since the baby shower Karl had stopped eating. He had pushed Dream and George away. He barely even got out of bed anymore.

One day he gets a text from a random number saying "hey Karl how have you been?"

Karl replies "who is this?" To the text. "Sapnap" the text says. Karl's eyes widen. "Leave me alone." He replies to sapnaps text.

"Karl don't be like this please. I'm sorry, okay?" Sapnap texts back.

"Whatever it's fine I'm over it anyways." Karl lies in the text. "You should come over to George's and Dreams tonight, I'm going over there tonight." Sapnap tells him.

"Sure I guess I have nothing better to do." Karl replies. He texts Sapnap his address for him to pick him up.

"See you at 5:30 Karl!" Sapnap texts, ending the conversation.

He puts down his phone and gets out of bed. He goes to the bathroom and gets in the shower.

At 5:30 he hears the car pull in the driveway. He puts on a hoodie and mom jeans to cover up how skinny he had gotten.

He goes out to the car and gets in the front seat. "Hey Karl!" Sapnap says happily. "Hi." Karl says blankly. "How's your fiancé?" Karl asks with no emotion.

"She's good, thanks for asking. How are you?" Sapnap asks. "Could be better I guess." Karl says, shrugging.

Sapnap gives Karl the aux cord. "Wanna play some music?" Sapnap asks. "Sure." Karl says, plugging in his phone and opening Spotify.

He clicks on his playlist and sweater weather by the neighborhood starts to play.

"And all I am is a man. I want the world in my hands. I hate the beach But I stand in California with my toes in the sand." Sapnap and Karl sing in unison with the stereo blaring.

Use the sleeves of my sweater, Let's have an adventure. Head in the clouds but my gravity centered. Touch my neck and I'll touch yours

You in those little high waisted shorts, oh

Oh.

The radio plays, Sapnap pulls over and cups Karl's cheek.

He knows what I think about, And what I think about One love, two mouths One love, one house.

No shirt, no blouse Just us, you find out

Nothing that I wouldn't wanna tell you about, no.

Sapnap kisses Karl in the front seat.

Cause it's too cold. For you here And now, so let me hold Both your hands in the holes of my sweater.

Karl deepens the kiss, the two closing their eyes and relaxing.

They parted lips. "What are we Sapnap?" Karl says, turning off the radio. "I don't really know Karl." Sapnap says.

"Let's just forget about that kiss." Karl says, the car pulling into George's driveway. Karl gets out of the car and runs in the house. "Karl wait-" the car door slams in Sapnap's face.

Karl opens the front door. "Hey Karl I've missed you!" George says going to hug him. Karl panics, knowing that once George hugs him he will be able to tell he hasn't been eating.

George engulfs Karl in a hug then his face drops. "Karl..?" George asks in horror. "Yeah?" Karl asks, trying to sound normal.

"You haven't been eating haven't you." George asks in a stern tone. "Maybe.." Karl says.

"Why Karl? You promised me." George says, tearing up. "I just..." Karl gets interrupted by Sapnap walking up behind him.

"Hey guys, what are you talking about?" Karl asks. "Nothing of your concern Sapnap, Dream is inside go see him." George says. "Ok ok jeez." Sapnap says, going inside.

"Karl, don't do this to me. I can't find my best friend lying dead on the floor one day." George begs, crying. "I'm sorry George, I didn't mean to!" Karl cries hugging George.

"You need to tell me why you've been doing this to yourself Karl." George demands. "Well I've fallen for a person who's engaged.." Karl admits. "Oh my Karl you like Sapnap?" George asks.

"Maybe.." Karl says, blushing and hiding his face in his hands. "I have a plan." George mumbles. "What?" Karl asks.

"Nothing! Let's go inside now for dinner, you're eating." George says.

"Fine." Karl says, following George inside.

George and Karl walk into Sapnap crying at the counter and Dream patting his shoulder.

"Why did I have to get entangled in this mess?!" Sapnap sobs. "It's gonna be okay man, I know her dumping you sucks but she's gonna give you the baby when it's born and things will work out." Dream reassures Sapnap.

"I just love him but it will never work." Sapnap tells Dream. "It will, I can tell he has a soft spot for you." Dream informs.

Dream sees Karl and George. "Why don't you go lay down for a bit in your room until dinner is ready, Karl's staying for dinner too so that will be good!" George says smiling.

Sapnap wipes away his tears. "I'm glad." He says, walking into the other room.

"Wow they broke up?" Karl asks. "Yeah actually after 6 years she broke it off because she has been cheating on him for a while and couldn't stand to lie to him anymore." Dream informs.

Who's this guy he was talking about?" George asks his boyfriend. "Just a friend of ours, I'll tell you more about it later Gogy." Dream tells him. George nods.

Karl goes out into the living room and sees Sapnap. "Hey I heard about the breakup, I'm really sorry." Karl says to Sapnap.

"Well, I knew it was gonna happen eventually but it just feels so surreal to me." Sapnap explains. "So what was the reason you broke up?" Karl asks.

Sapnap sighs. "I realized.. I'm gay not bisexual Karl." Sapnap admits. Karl's heart felt like it stopped. He realized he might have a chance with the man of his dreams.

A/N: sorry this took a while to update, this is my not as popular book so I figured I'd update my other one since it has almost 150 views?! anyways hope you enjoy this part. -Star

words: 952