Chapter one

When I was in third grade around eight years old me and my mom were on our way home and I noticed that we passed by our neighborhood. We didn't go home, but instead we went to my grandmas house. I didn't think much of it because I was eight years old. However I later found out that my mom and dad were separating. That night we stayed the night at my grandmas and we stayed there for a while.

At least two weeks had gone by and I finally got to see my dad again, every few days I would come home from school with dad and would leave with my mom at 8, I missed my parents being together I hoped that they would get back together soon.  A couple weeks later I started getting to stay the night at my dads, it felt weird without my mom but it was still better then barley ever seeing my dad. Things got back to normal and I had a schedule going between my parents houses. A couple years later I found out that my parents were officially getting divorced and this broke my heart. My siblings also found out about this and some of them stopped talking to my mom. Although it took a while eventually they started talking to her again.

It had been a while since the divorce, my mom and I were looking for a new house we had found many possibilities, even one across from my best friend but we finally found a house that would be good for the time being. We spent around two years in this house, it had a dog park and a pool and a little secret space in the backyard. We had gotten a hamster and a fish and we loved this house. After living here for two years we found out that the landlord was going to sell the house and we had to find a new house.

After looking for a while we found a house a couple houses down from my cousins house, and this was the house we knew we wanted. We moved in and lived here for a very long time, once getting settled into the house we got a trampoline a dog and two cats.

It had been almost 4 years since my parents divorce and my mom started dating again. The first boyfriend that my mom had, he had a daughter and she was my age and was one of my closest friends. They broke up but I had known her before they had gotten together and we stayed friends.

My mom continued dating but nothing too serious until she had met a new guy, they hadn't known each other that well but soon enough we got to know him. He had a daughter who was younger than me but we got very close and she became my best friend.

Everything was going fine until he started acting weird and started asking lots of questions. Soon enough he started accusing my mom of things, dog toys had moved that weren't there that morning, or the couch had "moved over" even though it didn't. Things weren't that bad until one day he put a camera in our house. This is when things went wrong. But so much more happened next, he accused my mom about lying about something I did and accused her of cheating because he thought the couch was moved over. Next he accused her of the car seat being lifted up and said that that meant she was cheating. I told him to stop and I yelled and said that she did nothing. I started crying as did his daughter and he yelled at us to stop crying. Then his daughter asked "will I ever see them again" she had never been here during any of the previous fights so she didn't know what was going on and he started yelling at my mom and his daughter asking "WHY IS SHE ASKING THAT, WHAT DID YOH TELL HER. WHAT DID THEY TELL YOU" I said to him "Nobody said anything to her but she just hasn't been here for any of these fights" and this is where he yelled at me to stop and told me that I didn't know anything. This was my last draw and I was done. They eventually broke up and we had to change passwords locks and kept all doors locked. Everything got better and eventually things went back to normal but it was still crazy that all of this happened.