1 - 𝘍𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘭, 𝘑𝘢𝘥𝘦 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳

TW: fear, blood, pain

Beidou was on her once in a while walk at Liyue. The sky was sunny, the subtle breeze coming from the sea as usual, bringing in the smell of salt.

But why... why was the sky like this now? Clouds had gathered within the minute, covering the sky and casting a dark shadow all over Liyue. Thuds and roars could be heard near the harbor, scaring the crowd. Beidou couldn't think... her thoughts were drained out by shrieks... screams... yelling.

This is not what a captain should be doing. She thought, giving her the slight burst of confidence she needed.

Beidou's feet left the ground, her quick movements going straight towards the source of the loud noises.

It wasn't long once Beidou found what was causing all the trouble. Multiple water heads slicked from the ocean into the sky, piercing the heavens itself. But... in the distance...
Visible, many meters away, was the slim figure of a pale lady. Her hair was long, running with the furious wind.

Beidou could recognize that lady anywhere. She had seen her so many times, let her eyes run along the wonderful curves and features of the lady.

Beidou's mouth gaped for moments, struggling to find a way to protect Ningguang from so far away... The lady's hands were in motion, assisting others who fought with her.

As Beidou was about to run, a voice came from behind her. "Now the Fatui shall rule Liyue, just as she promised!" He yelled.

Beidou's head snapped back, and at the sight of the group of Fatui members, her eyes narrowed. "What are you doing here?!" She yelled in frustration, only finding them as an object in her way of getting to Ningguang... and to assist the lady to defeat the monster that shook Liyue.

The Fatui's weapons were prepared, hoisted up and prepared to take on Beidou. "Let's go! As of The Harbinger's request, we shall defeat anyone that will go against us!" One of the Fatui scum said in the front.

Beidou sighed, her hand slowly unsheathing her claymore. "You're the only ones in my way! Silly!" The captain chuckled, her voice holding the usual daring tone. Her mouth was turned into a slight smile, her weapon hoisted onto her shoulder.

At her word, the Fatui was surrounding her...

small time skip, to once she finished her fight

Beidou's claymore slashed through her last opponent, resulting in a grunt of pain.

"Th...these a**holes really are... bothersome..." Beidou panted, her voice hoarse. Her throat hurt... someone must've grabbed around it.
The captain's nose had a dribble of crimson blood leaking from it, which then dotted the stone beneath her. Her attention was not on it though, no, not at all.

Despite Beidou's injuries, which covered her whole body, she was still focused on assisting Ningguang. So, the brunette slowly limped towards the location of the lady, a trail of blood droplets following behind her.

It was painful. Beidou's eyesight was blurry, only mere images of the jade chamber and the sea monster were displayed in her head.

The Jade Chamber was moving closer, seemingly controlled by Ningguang. It floated over the sea monster, and Beidou frowned.

"What?..." She managed to mumble out of confusion. The chamber hovered for a moment then dropped. It dropped like hopes and dreams, like joy from this world being captured by the hands of the devil. It was gone... engulfed by the ocean. As quick as that...

"No! Ningguang!" She yelled, her voice immediately breaking. The lady coughed multiple times, her throat to hurt to speak.

She ran. Beidou ran as quick as she could, to see her, to help her, to do something...

Beidou's mind fuzzed. Over working myself... I can't run... much... further...

Beidou dropped, her face meeting the stone floor. Nothing remained of Beidou's thoughts. The lady was lost in the sleep of unconsciousness.