Chapter 1

"Y/n, come downstairs we have to greet the new neighbors!"

Crap, you quickly rolled from under your covers and grabbed a scrunchie pulling your braids into a quick updo. Your mom had been telling you for weeks that new neighbors were going to move into the house next door but it escaped your mind.

By the time you had finished getting ready both your parents were waiting by the door impatient.
"You know y/n they have a son around your age, maybe you could show him around since he's new"your mom grinned at you at winked at you with a knowing glance.

"Ugh mom you're so weird" rolling your eyes you pushed the door open and began to make your way next door.

'I can't believe my mom would even suggest something like that does she really think I'm that desperate-' lost in your thoughts you didn't pay attention to where you were going and bumped into something. Hard.

"Crap what the hell" you looked up to be met with a pair of the most stunning green eyes. "Oh shit I'm so sorry I'm usually not this clumsy"

The mystery boy looked down, smiled and grabbed your shoulders steadying you.

"No problem doll just watch where your walking next time."

You stood stunned as he walked away his blonde strands catching the light as he turned his head to wink at you.

***3 hours later***

You tapped your foot impatiently as your parents continued to talk to the new neighbors. They recently moved from Portland and were both veterinarians. Mystery boy was no where to be seen downstairs and you couldn't take anymore of this small talk.

You abruptly stood up causing everyone's eyes to shift towards you

"Uhh sorry I just really need to use the bathroom" giving an awkward smile.

"Of course dear it's right upstairs my son Vinnie is up there he can show you" Mrs. Hacker smiled and pointed you in the direction of the stairs.

You quickly dashed up the stairs two at a time desperate to get away from the parents.
Family pictures of Vinnie and his parents throughout the years laid on the wall. you smiled as you ran your fingers across the photos. Once again you became lost in thoughts not paying attention to our surroundings until you felt a warm presence behind you.

"It's not good to snoop around sweetheart, someone might get the wrong impression" a deep sensual voice whispered in your ear. Startled you quickly turned around to be met with an arrogant smirk and a pair of green eyes.

"I was not snooping thank you very much I was actually looking for the bathroom." Crossing your arms you glared at him.

Vinnie began to walk closer to you until you bumped into the wall. You breathed deeply as his cologne filled the space. He leaned in close breath mingling as he placed his arm beside your head.

He grinned again, "Are you sure you weren't looking for my room angel? Cause if so, I'd gladly show you where it is."

You felt stunned in place, chest heaving as you continued to look into his eyes.

He leaned in even closer lips brushing against yours. It's like you could almost feel the smirk forming on his lips, "Something wrong?"

You could hear the teasing tone in his voice almost as if he was making fun of you. Snapping back to reality you swiftly pushed against his chest moving away from his intoxicating presence.

"Leave me alone Vinnie."

He started clutching in stomach in laughter as he watched your continuous glare in his direction.

You huffed and began to storm off but before you could reach the stairs Vinnie grabbed your arm and pulled you back into his firm chest.
"I'm just messing with you babe, you're cute when you're mad, see you at school tomorrow." stuffing his hands in his pockets he gave you one last grin and sauntered back into his room.