alis volat propriis.

notes:angst beware !!childe is little traumatized

notes:
angst beware !!
childe is little traumatized

━─━─━━─━「₪」━━─━─━─━

⏤⠀⠀⠀childe,  𝗍𝗁𝖾  𝖻𝗋𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍𝖾𝗌𝗍  𝗌𝗍𝖺𝗋ꓹ
⠀⠀仓⠀⠀⠀🔸⠀a boy who returned from the abyss.

     ajax opened his eyes, and a sense of panic swept over him. darkness surrounded him. a pure, utter expanse of black surrounded him – causing him to squint his eyes in order to see his surroundings in front of him. though, there were no sureoundings... there was nothing, no life, no people - nothing.

the cold, winter air of shnezneya had vanished, instead being filled with a damp zephyr and empty air, the area filled with an unsettlingly suffocating air that made ajax a bit short of his breath.

     ajax took a breath and swallowed, the dark thickness of the void filling his lungs - choking him. his breath sputtered as he coughed against the void, racking his chest painfully as he struggled to breathe against the strange air.

he forced himself to gather strength in his legs in order to walk forward – his body being sucked into the darkness. with every step, ajax felt as if he was tearing his legs through tar - a sluggish trudge that didn't give him much progress into the void; rather, it seemed as if the expanse had no end. he was walking aimlessly and ignorantly through the void — hoping to escape wherever— whatever this place was.

the ginger man looked around him once more, finally catching sight of something that did give this darkness a bit of life – trees. a lot of them. they lined a dark path that ran further into the darkness – a nearly inaudible murmur floating along the path.

"...jax..." a voice within the trees seemed to whisper, the volume barely able to be heard over the wind that blew through the clearing.

"ajax," the voice was now eerily clear – its sheer volume ringing through the void. the harbinger could feel his blood run cold, a lump caught in his throat as he forced himself to stop. his body seemed to tremble, yet ajax didn't move. he didn't even make any movement to run. was he paralyzed with fear or was he just deemed unable to move by the abyss?

     the voice rang out again – though now they seemed angry - with their voice raising by a few intervals. "it's time to wake up, ajax." the ginger barely had time to react before the black tendrils of the abyss shot out from the darkness, tangling around his arms and legs, knocking him off his feet.

     a scream caught in ajax's throat as he tumbled in a heap on the ground, gasping as the abyss took the air from his body, filling his lungs with the disgusting air, suffocating him. his limbs thrashed against his captor's hold as he struggled to get free, black patches beginning to develop in his vision from the lack of oxygen, tears beginning to gather in his eyes.