TALK TO YOU.

PRESENT DAY

___'s POV

Four years, it has been that long.

Three years ago, I've been visiting you twice a week. But I stopped, I couldn't take it anymore. You were in my arms, we were locked in a tight embrace, hands tight, but then you... disappeared. Now here I am, few years after.

I've missed you. Your smell, the way you talk, your wise choice of words, the poems you composed, the strokes of art you created with your own hands, and just... you.

My wish, my wish is just to hug you and say our goodbyes for one last time. Is that too much to ask for?

The sounds of leaves crunching everytime I take a step brings back memories, whenever we'd walk together and get some ice cream. We were just clueless college students, who'd worry over their future but also say 'we only live once' at the same time. If only we knew what'd happen in the next few years, maybe we'd had a better taste of life, don't you think?

I bent down and placed the bouquet of flowers in front of your grave. Carnations, your favourite ones. Imperial red, maroon, and striped carnations. You told me what were your favourite flowers, what amazing taste you have. These flowers hold a deep meaning inside of you, it means a lot... to us.

I sat down and pulled my phone from my pocket. Opening Spotify and tapping on your username, something I haven't done in ages. Seeing a glimpse of your profile photo makes my tears threaten to be free, we were posing and taking a lovey-dovey selfie together. Finally caught the sight of the thing I was looking for.

For you, My dearest.

Beads of tears started to run down my face, this time no one was there to wipe it and assure me that 'everything's going to be alright'. I feel so... so fucking lonely. Come back. Vision blurry, I Clicked the 'Shuffle Play' button.

'The first song that plays is going to describe us'

And it did.

Talk To You
Ricky Montgomery

0:53 ━━━❍─────── 3:34

⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

"YOU'RE IN MY HEAD MORE OFTEN THAN I WANT,
MORE OFTEN THAN I'D WANNA TELL YOU"

"YOU'RE IN MY HEAD MORE OFTEN THAN I WANT,MORE OFTEN THAN I'D WANNA TELL YOU"