Kaise mujhe tum mil gaye... kismat pe aaye na yakeen

Title is a popular song from movie 'Ghajni'

Naina chose a semiformal jacket to wear with jeans for dinner. When she had asked Sameer about the place where they would be going, he had said it was a surprise. Even for the dress code, he had said whatever she wears, would be perfect for the place. She was glad for her choice because he himself dressed up in jeans and a casual blazer.

When they left the house, she looked at him, "GPS on kar lete hain. Pata chal jayega kitna time lagega."

A knowing smile loomed on his face at her yet another attempt to know the destination, "Mujhe saare raaste achhe se pata hain. Aur kitna time lagega yeh bhi jaanta hun."

"Kitna?" She asked immediately, hoping to get some idea.

Sameer gave her a quick glance. As she gazed at him with inquisitive eyes, he reached for her hand, and lifted it to his lips, dropping a soft kiss, "My date with you will last lifetime."

She couldn't look away, overwhelmed by his words. Everytime he talked about being together forever gave her a contented feeling... a feeling she wanted to cherish. She had never planned anything for her life. But this man here, had come like a breath of fresh air and filled her dark world with every colour, every possible emotion.

When the car came to a stop, Naina was surprised. Being lost in her thoughts, she hadn't realised they had driven for long. But one look outside, and she knew they hadn't.

"Yahan? Yahan kaunsi jagah hai dinner ke liye?" She was confounded.

Sameer got down from the car and came to her side, opening her door. She flicked her brows in question as she stepped out, placing her hand in his extended palm... but he didn't offer any answer.

The local market had normal crowd, at the regular shops. Being close to her house, Naina had frequented this market often, for daily needs. A few eating joints were there, but not a proper restaurant. The kiosks had a few plastic tables outside, where mostly teenagers could be seen in chirpy groups. Others preferred the takeaways. Today being Sunday, all the counters were packed with people waiting for their parcels, and several groups of young boys and girls munching into rolls, sandwiches, momos and other things. Somehow, Naina wasn't able to see the relevance of this place... for something as special as their first date.

"Sameer, are you sure hum yahan..." She gave him a tentative look.

"I'm sure, Naina. Trust me." He blinked at her.

The creases on her forehead eased. Of course she trusted him.

Holding her hand, Sameer walked ahead. She was again surprised when they crossed all the eating joints but he didn't stop. But she didn't ask him anything, walking along in silence. They halted at the other end of the market, in front of a florist. Sameer asked him to give a bunch of white lilies.

He turned to her, holding the beautiful, long stemmed flowers to her, "Naina, these are for you. Jab pehli baar hum saath mein bahar aaye the, issi market mein aaye the. Uss din... maine yeh flowers khareede the lekin tumhe dene ki himmat nahi hui. Aaj hamari date ki shuruaat inn white lilies se karna chahta hun. Would you accept them?"

And then it occurred to her. Almost a year back, they had come here to buy some decorations from the stationary store. That was the first time Sameer had met Ayush, and he had gifted the same white lilies to him.

"Yeh mere favourite flowers hain." She fondly touched the smooth petals as she took the bunch from him, "Thank you, Sam..."

Her eyes shot up instantly, recalling what he had said in the morning. His eyes glinted with the same memory.

Na Jaane Kyon...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें