One

I stare once more into those bright blue eyes. I didn't want to part with him for the week, but I knew Kalel would have her fit if I don't return. Why am I with her if I don't love her? I always question myself this, but I could never get him out of my mind.

        "Uh, Anthony your flights going to depart soon, so you may want get going on your way," Ian looks away from me. Screw Kalel I need to interact more with my best friend, after all we've been best friends forever.

        I make eye contact with him again. If I left something horrible might happen, it's a deep down feeling, but it's still existent. "Ian, about I stay a little bit longer. I never see you any more, unless it is for Smosh."

        "Sounds fine with me, but what about Kalel?" He asks a little bit intrigued. I already have a lie and in mind and it was faultless. 

        "I'll tell her something got messed up and I need to be here to fix it. No big deal," I shrug my shoulders and slouch my back. He nods going along with it.

        We walk silently back to the car, side-by-side. We're so close our shoulders are practically touching. My body started to feel all tingly and fluttery inside, they were foreign feelings for when Kalel had touched me.

        Ian looks over at me once more and I swear I saw a different look in his eyes, one I couldn't place a finger on. But, as soon as the look came it disappeared. 

        The drive from the airport is different, I call Kalel and look out the car window. The phone rings several times before she picks up. "Hello?"

        "Kalel, do you mind if I stay with Ian for the week?" I ask. Knowing her she would probably try to shoot down my question, but today I feel like I don't two shits.

        "Anthony, no. You hardly spend time with me," I could just imagine her batting an eyelash. I want to scrunch my nose in pure disgust at her lies.

        I lick my teeth before speaking once more. "I have to stay, someone messed up with the footage and I need to be here to fix it." I know I'm lying, but at least I'm trying to make up lies that even a small child could tell was a lie.

        "Oh, well you should of said that before. Only a week and that's it." Who does she think she is trying to control my life? I knew once I get back to  Los Angeles I am going to dump her sorry ass.

        The line goes dead, but I yet still leave the phone close to my ear. Ian pulls into the garage and I for once I felt at home.

*+*+*

        It's been an hour since I decided to stay in Sacramento. Ian and I have been playing games and relishing each rare moment spent. I wish every moment would last but it would all have to come someday.

        "Ian, I'm bored," we already got through most of the games and movies. 

        He pokes my side giggling. "You're it."

        I stood up and he bolts off before I could get near him. I walk past the hallway doors till I hear laughing from behind me. I turn around and there is Ian, grinning.

        I run towards him. Tripping over my own two damn feet, I land awkwardly on top of him and for some reason I didn't want to move away, the moment is almost too perfect to end. We stare into each others eyes, tempted to not look away. I am the first to break away our almost brief eye contact and stand up.

        I hold out a hand for Ian to grab onto. "Here you go," I say as I lift him up. He gladly smiles at me and I give him a nervous smile.

        "So...What do you want to do now?" 

        I take a moment to think about before responding. "How about we go out for lunch now?" He agrees along and we start to head out the door.

~*~

        The rest of the day went by so quickly afterwards. There was no more awkward moments, for me at least, Ian was blushing at every comment I made about him. I've fallen for my best friend, I dug the hole deep so I couldn't get out of it. I shut my eyes and fall asleep.