PROLOGUE - JAIL HOUSE ROCK

♔

"why though freddie?" stella asked twisting the phone cord around her finger as she learnt on her bedroom wall. a few minutes ago freddie mercury rang stella asking to preform a song before his new band preformed, it was out of the blue for him to ask, which confused her quite a lot.

"just please do it," he begged her, "i'll buy you a drink? and you'll get to meet mary!" he reasoned. mary was a girl freddie had been stalking for the past however long. he had met her the same day he met the guitarist and drummer of a band called smile.

he wouldn't stop talking about her, constantly trying to convince stella to come stalk mary with him, but she refused.

"fine. i'll do it, but you better buy me that drink after or else." she sighed, "what do i even sing? i haven't got anything ready! and this is when? tomorrow night?" even though she was usually a calm person, she got stressed when it came to music and preforming. she was a perfectionist some would say.

freddie thought for a moment, when a memory of stella popped into his head. "sing jailhouse rock. you have to darling!" he grinned. a few months back, stella had showed freddie her cover of the jailhouse rock; which he was left in awe by. freddie knew she could play and sing incredibly, but it was a surprise and shock, a good one at least.

"yes fred! you're a genius! i'll see you tomorrow alright?" she replied, smiling at the fact freddie remembered her singing this, "i love you, bye." she put the phone back on the wall and ran over to her wardrobe to pick out an outfit. stella didn't know why she already wanted to pick out an outfit, but she felt like she had to make a good impression tomorrow. that something big was going to happen.

after a while of searching through her wardrobe she found a green floral cutaway flared jumpsuit that she'd worn a few times. in fact freddie bought it for her when they were out shopping together last year, so she was lucky it still fit her as she had grown a few inches taller in the past year.

stella picked up her squier electric guitar off of her bed and put in in the case, flinging it over her shoulder beginning to leave the house. her father was never home; ever since her mother died, stellas' father would go out drinking or he would find another woman to spend the night with then find a new one the next day.

she never had a good relationship with her father. and when the family found out he was cheating, the dad and daughter relationship just flew down the drain.

after walking for ten minutes or so she finally arrived at the college. she saw freddie waiting near the back entrance where he had told her to meet him. there was a group of people surrounding him. one girl and three other boys. she approached the group smiling at freddie.

"stella, darling, you look wonderful!" he fussed, "i'm loving the new hair!" only a few days ago stella decided to dye strands of her hair purple. freddie helped of course but left before he could see the final result.