Infinity of Love

Not as deep as the ocean, but as deep as a knife could pierce through your heart. That's how far his love traveled for her.

One day she asked him, "How much do you love me?" and he just answered. "from here," and she didn't get it, but he had nothing else to say because his love for her seemed never ending. It could take over any empire and travel through any storm. He loved her everlastingly and infinitely.

Their love story was simple, it was boring and not even interesting, as cliché as it could get, but he never really cared. He loved her anyway and he thought that he could never function without her and that was the truth of their relationship.

He worked in a coffee shop everyday for two shifts straight and would see her coming in through the rusted wooden door, everyday at the same time sharp. He laid eyes on her immediately and fell in love, there was nothing to love about her, but he did.

He, Dorman, loved her long brown disheveled hair. It was neither straight nor curly or even wavy. It looked like it had been chopped off with kitchen knives, but he loved it anyway. She was too skinny, boney in fact and had almond shaped eyes filled with dark irises and the deepest pupils that enlarged whenever she looked for something.

She would be reading the same book and having the same coffee for as long as she came into that coffee shop, it was her favorite place. There was nothing really special about it. It was rather clean and small, it's coffee was bitter and smelled odd, but despite of all the negative eye catching reasons of not being there, she still was and she still loved it.

He laid eyes on her as soon as she first entered and watched her for months until he had gathered the courage to come and speak to her, after asking for her order and bringing the same french coffee she'd taken for months now, he shyly ran a hand through his curly brown locks and asked, "what's your name?"

She looked at him, her dull eyes widening and whispered, "Hi," and then laughed nervously, biting her lip, she continued, "It's Mauve."

"That's a very unusual name," he said, "I like it."

And that's how they met, simple and easy, nothing that would interest the by passers.

She loved how his blue eyes were of the deepest sapphire and his nose small, not as manly as it should have been but could be considered cute anyway.

For the next few weeks he was the only thing that was on her mind and she knew the reason very well. Yes, she found him attractive, but she hadn't thought of him as anything but more than a friend and she wanted to keep it that way. Perhaps because, he wasn't even a friend.

But like it was mentioned a thousand times before, he was definitely in love with her even before he heard her small, broken voice.

Dorman made sure to make her smile from that day on wards, especially when she was with him. Mauve was very small and petite, literally and metaphorically speaking. She was too mysterious and he couldn't discover all the reasons behind that. He couldn't discover all the reasons that scared her skin and stole her smile.

He took her out to the Central Park that day and thought her how picking on grass was fun and climbing trees wasn't that dangerous. Mauve's laughter echoed throughout and he listened to it just the way he listened to his old favorite song.

But the further they moved in whatever relationship they shared, the further they destroyed it, but of course they didn't know that. They didn't know where or how they were moving because that was the last thing that's ever crossed their minds. They were too busy thinking about how good they felt in each others arms to even noticed that what was destroying them was they themselves.