The Beginning

He had finally finished after months of programming.

Kirito leans back into his chair with an exhausted sigh.  He closes his laptop and takes a sip out of the soda cup sitting beside it.

Finally, he had finally finished his project.

Around two months have passed since Kirito awoke from the Underworld in the real world.  Two months since he had defeated Gabriel and Vassago, more popularly known as Subtilizer and Prince of Hells, forever sealing their fluctlights inside of the Underworld.  He'd feel a bit of guilt sometimes when thinking about it, but they deserved it, really.

Kirito could never forget his friends and comrades in the Underworld.  After all, he and Asuna had spent two hundred years inside of it, ruling over the digital world and its inhabitants as the Star King and Queen of the Human Empire.  During his time in the Underworld, Kirito had forged many unbreakable bonds and made many friends.  And although he essentially lived with one of said inhabitants, the rambunctious Integrity Knight Alice Synthesis Thirty, he soon found himself wishing he could meet up with others.  He missed Integrity Knight Commander Deusolbert's fatherly words and missed seeing his and Eugeo's pages, Ronye and Tiese, in the Sword Mastery Academy.  He missed his rather petty squabbles with Integrity Knight Eldrie Synthesis Thirty-One and his tea talks with the current emperor of the Dark Emperor and champion of the pugilists' guild Iskahn and his silent wife.

Hell, he even missed Linel and Fizel's mostly annoying (and deadly) pranks.  And that was saying saying a lot.

So after moving to America with Asuna, he started with his project of transferring all of their fluctlights into ALO.

The project had received much more approval than he thought.  That was mostly thanks to Asuna who managed to baby up to her father just enough to get him to approve of Kirito's little experiment.  Not only that, Kikuoka, Higa, and Rinko all accepted as well, albeitly with a suspicious amount of enthusiasm.  They even helped Kirito upload all of the Underworld's fluctlights into the Cardinal system.  There was obviously some underlying reason for that, but he got approval so he didn't really question it.

The door to his apartment opens with a quiet click, turning his attention to the entrance door.

"Kirito-kun, I'm home!" Asuna says, walking into their apartment.

The chestnut-haired girl was dressed in her usual work attire, which was a simple black shirt and white blouse.  Slung around her right shoulder was her black handbag.

"Asuna," Kirito greets, getting up from his chair and walking over to her.

Kirito wraps his arms around Asuna's waist and bends his head down to peck Asuna's lips.  The girl smiles, a red blush adorning her features as she lays her head on his chest.

"How was work?" Kirito asks, inhaling in the scent of Asuna's lilac shampoo.

"The usual," she replies with, sighing.  "Huge workload, stingy boss, James who still thinks I'm single..."

"Do you want me to go make you something?" Kirito asks.

"That would be great, thanks," Asuna replies with.

Kirito and Asuna share a passionate kiss before parting from each other, Asuna going to the couch in their apartment's living room and Kirito going to the small kitchen.  She hears the telltale click of the stove being turned on in the kitchen.

"Kirito-kun, how is your project going?" Asuna asks.

"Ah, good news!" Kirito says.  "I'm finished!  I just now inserted the residents of the Underworld into ALO!  Thank your father for me when you talk to him again."