"Crushed"

Summary:

"Can you crush a watermelon between your thighs?"

The entire team bursts into laughter, whereas Sakusa looks disgusted by the thought, because of course he would - Atsumu imagines that getting anywhere close to a food product with his legs would probably get him killed on sight.

-

The watermelon doesn't stand a chance.

"Can you crush a watermelon with your thighs?"

The entire team explodes into laughter, and the reporter gives a light chuckle with an apologetic smile that screams don't shoot the messenger!

Sakusa looks disgusted by the thought, because of course he would - Atsumu imagines getting anywhere close to a food product with his legs would probably get him killed on sight.

"That's disgusting," Sakusa snaps. "it's also a waste of food. Nobody is touching that after it's been between their legs." He gestures towards the rest of them with a small, measured gesture with one spindly hand.

Bokuto opens his mouth to speak, but the interviewer beats him to it. "We all know Bokuto-san can do it," she waves her hands around in his general direction as if to say look at that body, and Atsumu full-heartedly agrees. "Who wants to try?"

Atsumu pulls his gaze away from the interesting tile pattern on the floor and to everyone else, and he freezes - because everyone apparently wants to humiliate him, and they all have their shit-eating grins directed in his direction.

"Uh ..? Ya guys are joking, right?"

"Do you think you can't do it?" teases Meian, and now his pride is at stake, and he can't fucking refuse on account of being a coward, so he just sighs and holds out his hand for the watermelon.

And that's how he's here, sitting on a folding table with 3 watermelons - one mini-watermelon, the kind that's always on sale and watery, one decently sized watermelon, and one expensive full size watermelon that he and Osamu would always race to finish before the other could start another piece as kids.

That's when it kinda dawns on him - they're actually going to make him try to crush watermelons with his thighs.

"Isn't this some weird kind of kink thing?" Shouyou bounces in his seat, eyes fixated on the watermelons five feet away. "I think I remember a bunch of people wanting to get crushed by Kageyama's thighs, and then I told them that the only person getting crushed by those thighs was gonna be me, because -"

"Moving on!" interrupts the reporter, who apparently doesn't want to sit through another hour of Shouyou gushing about his boyfriend - there are internet compilations of him doing just that, and some of them are over two hours long. It's adorable and reminds Atsumu of how painfully single he is.

She goes over the rules, but there aren't really rules. The only rule is to successfully crush the watermelon. There isn't even a rule against using other muscles, which further cements the idea that this is stupid and not supposed to be taken seriously. Like, someone could put the watermelon between their thighs and then shove their elbows into the top, and say that they crushed the watermelon due to the gaping hole in the shell.

"Wait, I'm the only one doin' this?" he stares around at his teammates, who are sitting there laughing at him (the audacity!). "Get Barnes to do it, every single one of his muscles are the size of Shouyou!"

Even Sakusa is laughing at him. Well, his lips are quirked into a faint half-smile and for Sakusa, that's the equivalent of rolling around on the floor in hysterics. "Are you backing out of it, Miya?"