Part One

It's the weekend.

You've been hanging out in your dorm for quite a while, just practicing your tricks and magic. You hear a knock on your door, it's your buddy Hunter, he's urging you to come out.

"Hey, ___! It's been some time, let's hang out, please! I know you've been practicing for your finals, but since the week's over, let's have a little bit of fun!"

You think about what he says. I haven't gone out in a while, he's right. You open the door and agree to hang out with him, and you both head to the bar.

After having a couple drinks and generally a good time, you and Hunter hear loud noises and clapping outside. You both head out from the bar to check out the commotion, and it's a crowd cheering on a girl. She's the person everyone talks about at the University, she's the expert at lightning magic. And obviously, you can see.

She's so hot... Why am I thinking about this? But her movements are so entrancing I can't think straight when I look at her...

"Ah, you look like a cherry bud! I know what you're thinking about, y'know, haha!"

You get embarrassed and hit him, but you do tell him that you admire the girl a lot.

"I mean she does look nice, I'm not gonna lie. Hm... Hey! I got an idea >:)"

He grabs your shoulder and you get confused, what is he doing?

A while after the performance, you find the girl sitting by herself on the table at the bar. You nervously look back at Hunter, who's in a stupid disguise (a coat and a newspaper), giving you a hearty thumbs up. That reminds you again why you're still besties with him.

You hesitantly sit next to her and order a drink. She notices and greets you.

"Oh, hello sweetheart. I assume you saw my little show from outside, electrifying, wasn't it?"

You say nothing.

"...Yeah sorry, I'm not the best at pickup lines... You got a name? I'm Volt."

You tell her your name and she compliments it.

"Say, you're the only person I haven't seen around here. You go to the University near us?
Yeah? Oh, you were studying for a while? Does explain why you must be inside awfully long, I see that you mustered up the courage to come back in the outside world! Looking for anyone yet? (。•̀ᴗ-)✧"

You freak out a bit and say you're not finding anyone yet. STUPID! What was I thinking?!

"Oh... Well that's fine though, it takes time to find the one you love, right?"

You agree with her and ask if she minds you staying there with her.

"Sure! Always nice to make another friend, but if you wanna stay friends, you gotta buy me a couple drinks! Haha!"

She says it in a playful voice. Volt.
A pretty badass name.