Chapter 1 (Intro)

Virgil had been part of the sides for a while now. He had helped the others to solve many of Thomas's problems, and Thomas had helped him when he felt especially anxious.

     He had gotten closer to the sides too. They even gave him his own room in the mind palace. He felt anxious all the time, but when he was in his corner, it was less intense.

     As time had gone on, and Thomas learned more about himself, Virgil became more at ease around the others, and they too seemed to ease up a bit.

     When he was with Patton, he felt accepted for who he was, and that some body saw the good in him, for once. When he was with Princey, or rather, Roman, he felt like a difficult friendship was blossoming, but he would never tell Roman that. With Logan, he felt heard, but also guided. If he didn't know what something meant, 9 times out of 10, he could just ask Logan and he would receive a straight (but not too straight, if you know what I mean🏳️‍🌈), and simple but decisive answer. Logan had also given him some helpful breathing exercises to use when he needed to calm down, and they really helped.

     With all of this support, he felt like it was an obligation to help the others in return, and as time went on, he felt more stressed about the fact that he could not do much to help. He felt like had screwed up a lot of things for the others, and it ate away at him slowly. Virgil did his best most of the time, to stay as calm as he could, so that the others would not worry too much about him. The last thing he needed was more attention. Or so he thought.

306 - words