Home

Hermione woke up, it was way past noon. Her body ached everywhere; she could barely move. The war had ended a week ago but it still hadn't gone away. Fred's funeral was yesterday and Hermione felt horrible. He had been a great friend, a brother to her. Ron remained strong for the sake of his mother, sister, and his brother, who was probably the one who's heart shattered the most, George.

Harry disappeared after Fred's funeral, insisting he needed some time alone to recover. He still blamed himself for the death of his friends. Hermione left the Burrow and went back to Hogwarts to help rebuild the school. She figured that the Weasley's would be needing some time alone.

Hogwarts was in terrible shape. All of the happy memories they have spend there made Hermione's heart ache. It was her home, and it was broken down.

She was one of the few students who came back to help with the school. Touching the walls of her potions class gently, she murmured a silent prayer, a message for Snape, whom they have misunderstood for years. His classroom that was once filled with students and chemical smell was empty, nothing but dust and ashes. She and the other students whispered some spells that fixed some broken pieces back together. The classroom looked the same after it was restored, but instead of the happy memories, bitter-sweet memories were left.

After a whole day of working with restoring Hogwarts, she figured she needed some time alone and took a walk around Hogwarts. Statues were broken down, it was empty and dark, but strangely, she wasn't afraid. After all, it was her home where she had bitter and happy times all together.

She revisited all the places she had classes in or memories in. Remembering and relishing the past, she walked around every class she wanted to visit. At last, she found herself walking down the stairs of the Secret Chamber. It wasn't damaged badly other than the fact it was slightly flooded.

Walking through the water, she smiled sadly as she thought of her trio's adventures in the Chamber. Hard times, it was, but now, it was a memory she could smile and talk to her beloved friends about. Closing her eyes, she tried to feel and relive every single memory of the Chamber.

Suddenly, images of last week popped up in her mind, making her flush. Ron, the kiss. It was warm and soft; it was love. She was certain. How could she not have realized it before? She knew she had little crushes here and then, but last week, she realized it was more. In the middle of all that panic, the horror and such, she found love in the midst of all of that.

She realized she never talked to Ron about that kiss after that. There were other more important things they had to go through before reaching that subject. Ron was depressed. His brother had died. It just seemed insensitive to talk to Ron about that kiss when he was lost.

But where was she in her relationship with Ron? What were they now?

Returning to the dormitory that was thankfully not so damaged, she lay in her bed.

Determined to get her answers when she met Ron again.