Chapter 1

There's a monster under my bed. I don't know why, but he's only there when my mama and papa are home. He's never talked to me, only hid in the shadows of my bed. I also don't know what he looks like. But I know he's there.
Before we continue the story of the monster, I will tell you about my life in Franklin.
My name is Evie Newton, I live in a two story house on Abbey Road. I am 5 years old, my mama and papa yell at me a lot and sometimes I cry. When I cry, I sit across from my bed as the monster watches me.
His eyes, a deep dark red color, hold anger. But it's not towards me, like my Mama's and Papa's. It looks like he's angry at who made me cry. How could that be though? I think to myself, my crying slowly coming to an end. Isn't he supposed to eat me or make me cry?
Everyday I pray that the monster won't come out and eat me while I'm sleeping. He scares me so much, some nights I can't sleep because all I think about is his eyes. Watching me, daring me to come closer. But I won't, never even if he had my teddy bear, the one that keeps me safe at night.
I hear the front door slam closed. I rush to wipe the tears from my face. If he sees me crying he will yell at me again and he might hurt me. He never has, but he has come close to it. I can hear him coming closer. As I look over to the monster one more time my door slams open. I jump back as it hits the wall behind it. Probably leaving another hole.
Standing there in his work clothes is my Papa. My papa is 40 years, old he has strait black hair with a few grays. He has a beard that is mostly brown. He also has purple circles under his eyes making him look tired.
"Evie! I told you to take care of the hallway! Your mother could trip over your stuff! She could get hurt, would you like that Evie?! If your mother got hurt because of you!" Papa screams in my face.
I whimper quietly. "N-no Papa," I stutter.
"Then go pick up your stuff before I get my belt!" He yells again.
The belt. He always threatens me with his belt. But I've never seen him bring it out or wear it so I don't think he has one. I know he wouldn't hurt me. Parents are supposed to love you right? They would never hurt you, they just yell at you to make you become better. Right?
I scurry around him and towards the hallway. I drop to my knees in front of my mess, I start to clean it and put the stuff in the right places. I also clean up his shoes and his bag for him. Once I'm done I go to find my father. I find him in his arm chair with an orange soda in his hand.
"Any thing else Papa?" I ask.
"No. Just go to your room until your mother comes home," he tells me in a bored tone.
As I'm walking back to my bedroom he calls out to me, "Evie we will be having guests over so wash up please and dress nicely." With a flick of his hand, dismissing me to my room.
Once in my room I close the door behind me. Who would come over here, I wonder. When Mama and Papa have business dinners they usually go there not bring people here.
I walk over to my mirror and look at myself. My dark brown hair falls around my small face in waves. Bright green eyes stared back at me, the little people I see say I look like my Mama. Behind me I see the monsters red eyes looking at me.
{}
Hio, here's the first chapter. Hope you liked it. :3 I will be uploading some time this week hopefully.
~Maggie